Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Google Drive for paintball documents

Google Drive for paintball documents

I made a new Google account for the sole purpose of loading up Google Drive with technical paintball resources. Sort of like a mini version of the Rat's Nest, hopefully I'll have more time to keep it updated than Have Blue has in recent years.

https://docs.google.com/folder/d/0B2...RZbzVJdmc/edit

Hopefully that link works, it should be fully available to anyone with the link. I might make it 100% public and searchable at some point, but for now the link is free to share (you know, provided it works).

The patent section is not nearly as complete as in the Rat's Nest - but it is significantly more up to date.

The ASA files are based on the most recent ASTM dimensions.

I have written permission from LeLand to share their 12 gram drawing - which is 1:1 from the ASTM spec.

Simon, let me know if you ever need the KEE branded drawings pulled down, I have my own prints based on it that I can tune for publication.

I'm going to try not to duplicate Andy's efforts on his CAD database unless I'm the one that created the model in the first place, or someone sends one of their own creation to me to toss it up.

Let me know what you guys want to have available or if you have anything you'd like to share.

Wayne
    Your circular pulse valve would be cool. Probably best to add the missing hole to the print though, so you don't have to explain it in text each time somebody brings up the design.

Yeah, I have some tweaking to do on that one

It will be going up as soon as I get to said tweaking...

Awesome idea. I have no problem with anything I've provided being put up there.

Not sure if it's possible but it might be nice to give credit to people contributing so they would be more inclined to do it. We have a lot of people to thank for the resources here, at the rat's nest and in different areas in general. I'm always a fan of saying thank you to those who contribute.

It's definitely possible to label things as such, whether it be in subfolders per contributor, notices on drawings, inclusion in filenames, or populating the extended data fields in file properties. Tougher to do using only Google Drive, but if that was just used as a back end for file hosting, then the pages linking to the files would be very easy to give credit for.

Yoda, would you be interested in little things like (unfortunately all I have is inventor so I'm not sure of cross platform file formats) a render of a merlin extrusion with or without cocker threadings? I know it's super easy to build up, but I just did it as a quick 'learning the basics and the software' lesson for myself.

Brandon, I think we appreciate files of any type and kind here. There are many ways to convert files from one format to another if it's needed. People just have to ask. Any contribution to the community is welcomed in my eyes, and it all ends up being useful somehow.

I think it would be useful to post them in more universal formats, like .STEP and such. That way we don't need to worry as much about conversion.

I'm not paying for storage space or bandwidth, I'm happy to put up anything that someone thinks might be useful. .dwg, .dxf, .igs, and .stp files should be able to be worked with in most things.

Yoda,

Here's the link. I have, for once in my life, actually made the filename useful.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ej1zt8xhb6...%20threads.dwg

I can save the model of the extrusion without threads if it's wanted.