Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Topgun and Inception designs present the 1st Annual "VINTAGE GUN DAY"

I'm facing the same situation. My 2010 Aveo is without most of the "modern" amenities cars tend to come with. I wanted it to be stick, and what I got in the bargain was no: power windows, power locks, power mirrors, air conditioning, cruise control, and probably several other things I'm forgetting the car doesn't have. I can live without just about all of it, except cruise.

The good news it that with throttle-by-wire systems, adding in a cruise module is really plug and play. The throttle wires under the dash have a connector in them. Disconnect, plug into the cruise module, run the buttons up to the steering wheel, drive. I just have to suck it up and buy the stupid system. Someday.

New cars have all of that standard. With a stick. My wife's Sonic is manual with all of the nice stuff. The automatic was sluggish and I wanted her to know how to drive a stick in case she needed to drive one of my future vehicles.

The ones I don't get was on the Nissan Altima coupe you couldn't get the bluetooth radio with a manual transmission. Why would you not allow hands free device usage with a manual?

In anycase, I think the US should require new drivers (teens) to drive a stick until 21 or so. Guaranteed to reduce the number of texting and driving incidents.

98 ranger simon

Its about to hit 250k and still driving like a top

My wrangler has cruise...but since it'll only do 70+ going down a hill it's pretty much pointless.

THAT was a long drive from IN to MA on 33's...ugh lol

Sounds like fun to me.

I was looking at plane tickets last night.

200 gets me round trip to Allentown PA.

I dunno, thinking about it......
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Awesome

I am just considering driving back to Indiana again to pick up my trailer once it is finished
    You're welcome to stay with us and crash a night here. We'd love to have you.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    You're welcome to stay with us and crash a night here. We'd love to have you.
    Thanks for the offer. I would actually be picking it up in Indiana from a friend, or depending on timing drive it back from the PSP event.

Where in Indiana would you be going? We are just south of Indianapolis.

Thanks for cleaning this thread up. I was at Topgun yesterday and the response to this event has been very promising.

The real question will be.. what are we going to be doing for the after party
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.