Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HPA Compatibility

F-1 manual? Boom.

http://www.vintagerex.com/pics/gunpi...1%20Manual.pdf

Oh, and the tinkering troubles we had... turns out my PMI-3 was nearly shot out from use, and my buddy's ProBlender was, well, a pile of crap from the factory. I wound up with it years later, and never could get it to cycle reliably.

The original Promaster never worked well from my experience... and then Kingman copied it and made the Spyder.

Pump Scout: I appreciate the effort, but as I already said "Found a scan of one online." Would like the hard copy original to replace my original, or to borrow one so I can make a good digital replica, not a series of low res jpegs of pages. Still, appreciate the thought.

Ah, missed that.

I was just thinking of the really ancient Cocker guide I've got. That thing... it's a mess. I tend to think a lot of guys would throw them into gear bags, toolboxes, etc, and they'd get kind of nasty from paint, oil, grease, parts, dirt, blood, and such.

I think my manual just blew away into the bushes when I was not looking. I searched around in the brush but to no avail.

Some of you guys mentioned you would be curious of the results of using HPA for the markers I mentioned.

Will yesterday I had my chance. Was nervous deep down but you guys said it could not hurt anything, and the tech at the field I was at said it was a great idea. So I did it.

The Sniper II shot up in velocity quite a bit, in fact over 300 all of a sudden. Adjusting the velocity on them is annoying and time consuming, but I did and after three or so adjustments I had it at a good spot. It was great after that. So good that I will eventually spent the outrageous amount of money required to get a HPA tank for it that is close in size to my 4oz CO2 tank.

The big surprise was how it work well, very well in fact, with the F-1 Illustrator. I chronoed it with CO2 and it was shooting around 310. Went to turn down the velocity and blew an o-ring on the tank. The ensuing discussing of obtaining a new o-ring eventually had me try HPA on the marker. It went down to 240-250. I placed two spacers inside the piece that adjusts the velocity and re-chronoed. Six of the ten shots were 270. The rest were up and down but all within a very small range, except for one spike to 288.

Six shots at exactly the same speed! I have never had such consistency with any marker, HPA or CO2, before.

Thanks for your encouragement guys, and thanks for informing me that there was nothing to loose by trying it. This makes life so much easier for me because in addition to the fact that HPA is a better gas source, all the fields around here do not do CO2 fills anymore. My beloved vintage equipment running on HPA is awesome.

Great to hear it worked out! HPA is really a superior gas source in every way. Cleaner, regulated (I suppose you could double reg CO2 but nobody does) and no phase transition.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Played again yesterday. Used my F-1 for the whole day. Had a Ninja 50/4500 tank. Again, no problems. Was shooting slower though, despite a lack of adjustment. Played just fine though. The heat was astounding. Many healthy people were sitting out games and the whole place shut down early. I drank way more than I am allowed. Between the excessive overshooting and the heat I now know what it is like to play speedball in a volcano. My marker was working fine on HPA though the whole time though.