Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stella Barrel System and niche threads... A5, ION, Angel and Automag...

The Stella Barrel System and niche threads... A5, ION, Angel and Automag...

So, I have had enough requests for different threads that I am looking into doing barrel backs in threads to work with guns other than just Autococker threaded systems. Obviously all the fronts and tips will be compatible across the range.

I will be doing A5 and Ion.

I may do Angel and Automag.

The question is if I have any real chance of even covering costs for a basic small run.

I am also not sure I would do all back sizes.

It seems like 0.680 and 0.685 make the most sense right now. Should I bother with Freak INSERT (even though I hate them, and don't see them performing as well?). I don't see a good way to make an INSERT back work with A5 (because of the bolt size and motion into the bore) or with Automag.

Would people be happy with that, or still want the full range of backs?

Now's your chance to say your piece of forever hold your tongue

Please feel free to post this info in the relative owners communities and bring more voices here.

Thanks

Insider
    I think most of us use cocker threaded barrels in Automags? I might be wrong, but that's my gut feeling.

Aren't Automag barrels a serious pain (and expensive) to produce?

680 and 685 would be a very good start, and maybe the entire line, for those guns. All open bolt guns, so going a bit big makes sense. Expanding to a 690 option down the road pending sales would make sense, and keeps people coming back. Having the full range immediately seems like it'd be a big risk. Maybe not so risky in Ion threads, as there's a whole slew of guns with that thread and there's a current high-end using it.

Between A5 and Ion, you're going to cover the vast majority of people who will buy an aftermarket barrel. Angel... well, there's a "loyalist" community out there of Angel shooters, but WDP/APS screwed them by having "original" Angel threads, then changing them, then adjusting the change.

My, I'd be temped to pick up backs in almost all those threads. Angel being the only doubtful one.

I'd throw Phantom thread into the suggestion pile.

The other option would be to make it work with something like the various backs from the FiburX that get you a butt-ton of thread options. But that's some level of compromise on a pure barrel.

I will cross post on AO regarding the Twist Lock Stella backs and see who bites.
    BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Power feed left and right and center feed are the twist lock body configurations.

Can you make one back to do all 3 ?

I'm guessing a Freak back is what will sell.

Kind of doubt anything other than that will sell.

endeavor to persevere.......

BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Power feed left and right and center feed are the twist lock body configurations.

Can you make one back to do all 3 ?
    I think that is possible. It's been done before hasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    I'm guessing a Freak back is what will sell.

Kind of doubt anything other than that will sell.

I don't see a quality way to get a good system with a Freak insert yet. I will keep looking into it though.

The newer threaded angels (g7fly, a1) are in desperate need of barrels. But market (demand) is limited.

I know Id be interested in new and old angel thread