Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Stella Barrel System and niche threads... A5, ION, Angel and Automag...

The only way to do A5 freaks is to trim down the bolt tip edges or have the insert slide in just a little bit further so the bolt doesn't grab it. Personally, I think just the real Stella backs are the better option. For the A5 I think the deadly wind Fibur is the better choice if the back would fit in just a little further to avoid this issue.

The Impulse threads make sense due to the volume of guns that have them but with the Luxe and GoG only still using them I see it as a hard sell.

Overall I don't think it makes sense for entire line of backs to be produced. .680 and .685 would likely be the top picks, .675 is nice since paint has been so small with .690 being the upper boundary of what I've seen even be useful within the last 5 years.

Seems like there's a fair number of people shooting shockers still. Ion threads work for NXTs too!

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I think that is possible. It's been done before hasn't it?

I don't see a quality way to get a good system with a Freak insert yet. I will keep looking into it though.

If you can't freak it, .684 would be great as well. I will buy one. Great design!

My local field uses valken paint, so I waver between graff for magfed and redemption for hoppers: and every bag of Redemption I've come across likes the .690 best.

I'm glad I have it around but at this rate I don't know if my .680 will ever see paint.

So that to say... Let's hopefully not leave out the larger bores just yet.
    Last edited by HipboyScott; 06-04-2014 at 05:09 AM.

Yeah paint manufacturers have been all over the place again. Some evil a few months ago was occasionally loose in a 0.675" and then marbs I have seen has been tight in a 0.690".

Valken seems to be consistently a larger bore (I think they are one of the few paint companies really focusing on quality rather than price lately).

A few years ago I grabbed two cases of paint from the shop and went out to play at a local field. They were the same brand (I think it was grafiti but it could have been something from GI), Same shell color and same fill and they came in on the same order. Got to the field sized up the first case and it was a decent fit for the .679 insert. Played all morning, switched to the second case and couldn't get a single ball thru my barrel. I thought something happened to the gun and it was giving me fits. Cleaned everything, checked the bore match and it wouldn't even enter the insert. It jumped from a .679 to a snug fit in a .689. Exact same paint, two different batch/lot numbers....I was pissed...

I've also had a customer complain that he had to use the largest freak insert he had, .693 on a case of marbs. about a year or so ago...I shot valken Pro, which is AWESOME, over memorial day in my insight and it was a toss up between a .677 and .679...

Same box and same bag of Marbs at LL7, I had balls that dropped through a 0.680 and others that were a tight underbore in a 0.690.

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    I've also had a customer complain that he had to use the largest freak insert he had, .693 on a case of marbs. about a year or so ago...I shot valken Pro, which is AWESOME, over memorial day in my insight and it was a toss up between a .677 and .679...
    I take back my earlier statement then! Good job I make back sizes for all paint variations huh

I'm just waiting on my FLE body so I can get my stella anno'd and use it lol