Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Power Outage! Lost an entire CAD/CAM file!

I have big UPC's on both my office and workshop machines. I don't often lose power, but it has saved me on multiple occasions.

Quote Originally Posted by Phaelynar View Post
    I would also go out and buy a UPS with enough power to give you at least a minute or two of up time prior to shutting down your computer in case of a blackout.

We have a UPS on any data sensitive computer in our office. I've been lazy and haven't bought one for my home PC, but the power draw is so high on it that it'd cost me a fortune for one.
    My mine was $70 on sale at bestbuy.. I have 3930K two ssd two 770gtx and full water cooling loop in my computer. I think you will be fine. I have one on my NAS also well worth it.

Young women like to hit poles around me and knock out the power.. Also, I don't worry about thunder storms anymore.

The power backups are a life saver. We have power outages weekely and have them on every CAD Computer. They last Just long enough for our generators to kick on.

What sucks is when your cat is screwing around under your desk and hits the reset button on the battery backup, in the middle of processing a massive surfacing toolpath in mastercam.

Insider
    That was my first purchase, redid all my programming, didn't overlook too much!