Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Watching the PSP Live Webcast...

Watching the PSP Live Webcast...

They are doing an awesome job with the web cast.

http://www.paintballaccess.com/live/

Watching it in a side window while I work.

Yep, I've been watching it all weekend. They're showing definite improvement from event to event.

Pat Spohrer is damn good at what he does and they invested a lot of time and money into their set up and equipment. It shows. It's pretty phenomenal for a live sports broadcast with a sport as complicated as Paintball.

Insider
    It runs from 1am till 8am local time for me. I hope they put them up on youtube at some stage like they used to so I can watch the games.

The final game is on PBA (video on demand section) now. The other games should be up soon-ish.

I managed to catch some in the mornings - same timezone as l x. Biggest problem is that they've never quite nailed the HTML5 stuff so most of the time the webcast and or ondemand seems to have issues running on my various android devices as well as friend's iStuff.

They're doing a phenomenal job. Imo the filming is (almost) as good as it could get - any further changes will have to be to the actual game.

Insider
    Agreed. I really liked the new overlay stuff they are doing, highlighting certain players, drawing on the screen showing the lanes people are shooting etc, and the player roster on the sides showing names/faces during the first point. Really impressed with the 'Cup coverage.

IMO they could take it to the next level by putting trackers on all the players and a field layout in the corner, side, or along the bottom of the screen. That way you can actually have an idea of what you're watching.

Insider
    That'd be pretty cool. Could implement it into the mandatory Virtue ROF chips.

I'd love to see a way to visualize lanes. A friend (non-player) was watching with me and he had a pretty easy time following along, but a lot of the times he'd be yelling at the guy to bump the snake, had to explain the lane that was wide open there.