Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stella Freak back question

Wow, what paint was it? I haven't heard of too many people having to use .695 lately, but it does happen obviously.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Wow, what paint was it? I haven't heard of too many people having to use .695 lately, but it does happen obviously.
    GI Sportz, some custom paint from the local pro shop.

It wasnt just some dimpled balls, there were just as many pear shaped ones too.

Problem is they are in black bags with a very small clear spot to check for broken balls.

I used a case up but still have another left unfortunately.

Didnt seem to shoot that bad though.

I just havent had any luck lately with anything from KEE or GI.

endeavor to persevere.......

Dimples seem to have less impact on how paint flies than ragged seams or separated fill.

When testing guns at KEE we would often use returned or cheap paint and I've had some dimpled paint in the past that shot far better than other paint that looked perfectly round.

Well, bugger, and I just tossed probably a case worth of lightly dimpled paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Dimples seem to have less impact on how paint flies than ragged seams or separated fill.

When testing guns at KEE we would often use returned or cheap paint and I've had some dimpled paint in the past that shot far better than other paint that looked perfectly round.
    Was it Stinger? Stinger shooting amazing once it is well aged. Fresh Stinger was always terrible, but if you let it sit for a few months it got better.

The only "dimpled" paint I've really had issues with is when you have large flat spots on the sides. But that usually meant the paint got hot and some point and became squishy.

But old DXS paint back in 2006/7/8 was awful. We'd go to a tourney that had that paint and it was just terrible. Not dimpled but just would curve everywhere. We shot a guy that made it into the snake off the break by getting a lucky curve that went around the bunker onto his mask.

Balls that fly off crazily tend to be caused by ragged seams that protrude past the shell (bad) and balls with center of mass that are messed up usually due to cheaper fill, or fill separation (very bad).

The fill quality and materials is what makes the difference between why more expensive paint shoots better than cheap paint.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumberjack View Post
    The only "dimpled" paint I've really had issues with is when you have large flat spots on the sides. But that usually meant the paint got hot and some point and became squishy.
    Only paint I've ever thrown out was Zap, back in early 2000's when I started playing. I left it in my car, and after cooling it turned into 100ish ball clumps.

I still tried to shoot it first, nothing but breaks :P

yep of course ******* ******* *****
    Last edited by ryanbb1212; 06-17-2021 at 01:23 AM.