Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Small HPA

Small HPA

Hello, all. Now that I know I can get a Sniper II running on HPA, I want to get a small tank for it.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a small HPA tank?

The only option I know of is paying for the super expensive emergency SCUBA tank "Spare Air" and putting a paintball regulator in it.
    (http://www.spareair.com/product/mode...#TabbedPanels1)

Ninja Paintball does 13/3000 tanks. Should be just what the doctor ordered.

http://www.ninjapaintball.com/docume...log%202014.pdf

Sorry, I thought the existence of 13ci tanks was so well known that it was obvious I meant something smaller. They are not that bad though, so it looks like I will be using a 13ci tank for awhile at least.

I am still waiting for something like a 7ci 4500 that makes it easier to 'hide' the tank and still get a usable number of shots (150-200). that's my holy grail tank.

Just pointing it out but, from what I can tell, those Spare Air tanks ARE 13ci bottles.

Insider
    only thing smaller I've ever seen than a 13cu hpa bottle is a 3.5 oz alum co2, or 4 oz steel co2 bottle... had both in the past, preferred the aluminum one.

If you use the rule of thumb for HPA tanks: 10 shots/cu. In at 3000psi and 15 shots/per cu.in at 4500psi; thenfor something smaller than a 13ci tank, you don't really see any advantage for the higher pressure for the smaller tank. For 10ci you would get about q50 shots, 20 more than a 13ci tank. Not earth shattering, but when you compare the slight difference in shots compared to the cost of the tank. I just don't. see it. If anything, for size, co2 is still more cost efficient.

If it's 10 shots per cu.in then a 13ci should be 130 shots which is pretty close to real world figures. But I'd still pay even double for a 13/4500 if I could get 195 shots off a same size tank from the same marker.

So lets say I wanted something tiny, like a 7ci. I'll take 105 shots over 70 shots. Maybe not if it's a $200 tank, but for under $130 I could see benefit of that for some players. Milsim guys and what-not.

For such a small vessel tho you're almost better off with a custom cylinder setup like what is seen on the big air-guns. Make the cylinder and reg built into the gun vs using the standard ASA type setup.

TierOneJeff: Ditto. Being new to HPA I find all the tanks astoundingly large and bulky. However, even by my low standards, 70 shots off of a fill is low. If that could be brought up to 105 it would really help. Air is cheap and that way I would fill it once before the day starts and once half way through and be good.

I mean I am just talking from a mag-fed perspective here... trying to keep everything on gun and light. If I am shooting a hopper, I am content with my 45/4500. I agree with Scott though, at 150$/tank I would look into a 7ci/4500. I rarely if ever shoot more than 100 rounds in a mag fed game before having to leave the field to reload anyways, so I would gladly be rid of the size and weight for a smaller tank.

I have a ninja 45/4500 with the pro reg and it's pretty small and has a decent weight. I was never a fan of those newer style 'fat' 50ci tanks.