Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: recommendations for small-3 way solenoids

recommendations for small-3 way solenoids

Do you guys have any recommendations for small three way solenoids that could fit in a grip frame? They would need to handle 140 psi. I was thinking about the Humphrey solenoid from the original PMR.

Thanks!

SNC makes some really small solenoids, but what are your flow requirements? I like the idea of doing something like the valken proton/ mokal aura for your application.

The SY100 is only rated to .7MPa and the SO70 to .5, but I believe Dye used a custom SO70 that runs to that pressure in the NT so you might look for an NT noid.

Supports Inception Designs
    The Etha solenoid is a 3 way. Runs around 250-300 psi I believe so a good cushion. Plus you can tap the manifold block for barbs instead of solenoid so you could resell it.

Hell, I'd you go that route I have one already tapped with barbs. Was going to make my Etha mechanical but never finished the project.

ok. Thanks so much for the advice guys

on the dye nt noid...did those have any reliability problems?
    Last edited by d0cwho; 07-14-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Don't think the noid is the problem with the NT's.

Whoops I didn't see the PSI requirements. Exactly how small does it need to be? I understand it has to fit in a grip frame but an actual size would help tremendously. Hope you can find what you need!

I am thinking perhaps, something the size of the lv1 frame. Don't have the actual size as of now as I need to get my hands on one to measure it out.

If you can find one, one of the Lucky Ultimate Mac 33's is rated for 200psi and can run normally open or normally closed. Nothing unique to Lucky, it was a factory option from Mac, I'm just not aware of what other channel they have been available through and apparently require a very large order to get direct from mac.