Thread: Stella bore size advice

Stella bore size advice

So I am trying to piece together my wish list for a Stella barrel, and I'm getting to the point where I need some advice. Firstly I only want 2 backs, but I now have all these options for bore choices in the front. Also I want a Deadly wind tip, and I am getting asked what bore do I want for that!?!? Do I just go progressively larger with each piece as I go down the barrel?
    Also I am being asked what type of tip do I want. Isn't the DW tip my tip? Or do need a tip for my tip? Obviously I'm confused as hell at this point and need someone to chime in before I order all of this.

Stella fronts aren't quite tips. A DW front doesn't require a tip. What size backs are you looking at?

.675 and .685

Quote Originally Posted by Smilestyler View Post
    Do I just go progressively larger with each piece as I go down the barrel?
    In simple terms yes.

Also I am being asked what type of tip do I want. Isn't the DW tip my tip? Or do need a tip for my tip? Obviously I'm confused as hell at this point and need someone to chime in before I order all of this.
    We may be causing some confusion because of how we label all the parts. With the aluminium barrels from the gun to the muzzle we have three parts, the back, the front and then the tip. The barrel is really made up of the back and front and then the tip is for cosmetics, accessories, or overall length.

If you go with a Deadlywind front (they call them whip tip to help with the confusion) then you no longer need the tip that you would with the aluminium system.

.675 and .685
    If you are going with the .675 and .685 backs you can choose the smaller bore 0.688 front or the standard 0.709 front. We have a lot of customers that are very happy using the 0.688 front with the smaller bore backs.

If you did that you would end up with three pieces.

0.675" back
    0.685" back
    0.688 Deadlywind Whip Tip (pick a length)

Hope this helps

Ya thanks. That clears up a lot.