Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: PE Geo barrel to breech angle

PE Geo barrel to breech angle

I've been hearing a couple people (might be just one person saying it) say that the Geo's breech is set at a 3 degree angle to the barrel threads. It seems like it'd make machining the bodies much more difficult for the benefit of an illusion of shooting farther. Apparently the barrel points upwards 3 degrees, but I haven't been able to find any sources backing up his claim other than "call PE call PE call PE" which I haven't lol.

Can anybody confirm or disprove this?

3 looks like a lot. is there a decimal place shifted around? (0.3º?)
    I have no idea...

Sounds very unlikely. It would be really easy to take the valve or bolt out and look through the body and down the barrel to see if there is an angle present. The human eye is actually very good at aligning circles and seeing if they are even slightly out. It's why some firearm sights are made that way.

I'll try to check out my teammate's Geo3 and do what you described, Simon. And yeah, 3 whole degrees. The guy was pretty insistent on that.

Sounds like the guy that was talking to one of my friends and insisting the pro's used mini's that were converted to run on propane for great efficiency and could do 40bps.

When he told/asked me if it was true I just shook my head.

The things people come up with.

I believe that I have heard people say the same thing about DM's a very long time ago

and 3 degrees is alot, you would be able to see it clearly over the length of a 12-14 inch barrel, it would look bent relative to the marker body

it would hardly seem worth the extra manufacturing effort to do anything like that, just one more feature to QC and keep tabs on

seems like another one of those myths that get dragged along by people who simply dont know any better
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

3 degrees looks like a flatline...

edit - naturally that last image has no perspective so it looks weird (weirder), but it's clear that you couldn't even see through the barrel at that elevation.

BRING BACK THE FLATLINE AUTOCOCKER!!!!!!
    Last edited by Ydna; 08-24-2014 at 01:38 PM.

speaking of propane as an energy source, did anyone ever mess around with one of the tippman C3's?

I have never even seen one in person
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

From an owner of a C3:

The Tippmann C3 is the worst gun by a mile. Its loud as balls, huge, has a 6inch pump stroke, doesn't work when its cold and will break if you use it in the rain. Also the first shot after a delay in shooting is usually down on power and if you leave it for more than a few minutes it will typically need warming up again to fire meaning you either have to pump it upside down or just load 5 shots and get a break, and obviously the barrel isn't removable so its a joy to clean.

Also since the entire thing is plastic it melts away, mine has a hole in the left side of the breech you could slot a penny in.
    I don't know, fly casual