Thread: PSP ramping mode conditioning players

PSP ramping mode conditioning players

Just wanted to share something I noticed this after practice this past Sunday. When shooting at a bunker to keep someone in, most players (at least at my level, NCPA, mostly D4 and D3), shoot at three different ROFs: consistent 12.5 ramping, three-shot bursts with a little less than 1s gaps in between bursts, and one-balling with just over 1s between balls.

A player that is suppressing a single bunker for a long time will usually fire a constant stream for a few seconds, then switch to bursts, then to single shots. This means that the player being suppressed can usually count on the delay between the stream and first burst to be at least 1s and oftentimes 2s or 3s.

Most players, including myself, do this to conserve paint, but stay in ramping mode. Because there's a maximum of 1s between bursts to stay in ramping mode, most players seem to sit just under that time limit, reducing their ROF as much as possible to save paint. But this also makes it easy to guess how much time you have to snap out of a bunker and shoot.

I think I've been taking advantage of this subconsciously, but I've just noticed this past weekend. Do you think most players take advantage of this predictable timing? If they do, wouldn't there be some advantage in shooting 12.5 semi in PSP tournaments in order to confuse other players with variable timing and number of shots between shots/bursts/streams?

In a tourny setting, keep laying it on them and smash down the field. There's a reason certain pro players wear 15 or more pods....sossoman, bains, just to name two