Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Airflow restriction for Droids/Clones

Airflow restriction for Droids/Clones

Has anybody considered and/or knows what benefits there might be for putting a flow restriction system (like a Luxe manifold) on a Droid or Clone engine? Clones already shoot as well as Luxes, so slowing the bolt down could make for an even smoother shot. Maybe MacDev has already restricted flow in key areas to slow the bolt down, but considering that the advertised max ROF is 30bps, I'd think you could reduce flow further to around 15bps or so.

I could see slowing down the forward vent useful.

I wouldn't. Because reasons.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Perfect.

This is the kind of engineering talk I look forward to every time I get on here.
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

Insider
    After working with Steve for the better part of 2 years I no longer question "because reasons".

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by morolen View Post
    This is the kind of engineering talk I look forward to every time I get on here.
    This forum needs a like button.

When we filmed the Luxe engine and adjusted the "feathertouch" screw we couldn't see any difference in performance.

^there's that, too. If you really want restrictors to work they have to be very carefully designed. A screw in the side of an air passage, well, isn't. The constriction is too short, so the flow simply speeds up past that point. If you want real flow control, you need something with geometry along the lines of a globe valve - but even then it has to be very carefully designed, since the flows in paintball systems are small enough to be out of the regime of scale invariance.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 12-03-2014 at 04:40 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon