Thread: Goblin Velocity Adjustment

Goblin Velocity Adjustment

Anyone here know if it is possible to adjust the velocity of a Goblin marker down? I tried to ask the Goblin folks but all they provide is a form on their website and usage of it results in bounced emails.

Trying to find something compact I can use as a safe way of shooting someone at close range with to deal with morons who do not surrender when asked. This way I can avoid asking at all without endangering anyone.

Thanks.

I don't think the goblin even shoots at 280 does it? I know we've had a couple people win them as prizes, and you're usually lucky if the ball even breaks.

Insider
    From the FAQ on their site:

7) Is the GOBLIN 'SOLO' allowed to be used on Paintball and Airsoft fields?

This is strictly up to the folks who run the fields! As the velocity does not exceed 300 FPS (typically 200-250 FPS), chances are good that you'll be allowed to use it on your field.
    I imagine, since they only run 200-250fps as is, that turning them down more is not a big issue. If you use HPA vs. CO2 you should have less velocity. Just a bit. If you regulate the HPA or CO2 in the fill line you should be able to drop the velocity down even more, ad be able to dial on a pretty low velocity (sub breakage level) easy. It should be very easy to put, say, only 300psi in there instead of 850 or standard CO2.

OK, so what is the lowest velocity one can shoot a paintball at and reasonably expect breakage? That is to say the point at which no one will say "Of course it did not break, not at that speed."

Josh I saw that and as it says "typically" I read that it could be 250 and did not read that yes you can lower it yourself. Still not shooting anyone at point blank range at 250. Thanks for the suggestion of regulating the air before filling the cartridge, that sounds like a good idea.

Maybe I should get a JT Splatmaster pistol and paint it green. Getting 50 cal paint on the field may be an issue though.
    Last edited by Davros; 09-08-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Clarity

iirc there's a graph out there that shows the velocity of a paintball over distance traveled.

And personally, I'd be fine getting shot point blank at 250fps. Depending on how hard the shell is, I think I'd hardly feel it.