Thread: Anyone used HSM Express to generate G Code from DXF files?

Anyone used HSM Express to generate G Code from DXF files?

I can't talk the powers that e into buying the $15k nesting and post processing software for our CNC laser. So rather than keep trying to generate G-code by hand, I found HSM Express was now a free download for Autocad Inventor.

I have next to no experience programming G code, let alone tool paths, etc. My experience is on the CAD end of things.

Does anyone know of a good tutorial to help get me up to speed on converting simple dxf files to G-code tool paths? Our laser is fairly dated, and the post is very straight forward. I can even paste a sample of a program here if it would help. If HSM isn't the way to go for what I want (these are all sheet metal parts, so 2D is all we need anyway) then can you point me in the right direction?

We used ProNest for a few months, until I couldn't talk them out of any more free trial licenses. Since then we've been in the mud on this.

Wayne
    I have HSM Express at home. I've tinkered with it enough to know how to do pockets and tweaks to the settings. I might be able to do a simple dxf on another program so I can import it into HSM and play with it. Might not happen until next week though. Busy rest of the week and then Decay of Nations over the weekend.

I can help you if you would like.

Via Teamviewer (remote login)and a Cell phone. Im sure we get where you want to be in a hour or so.