Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: 5 Axis Motocross helmet...

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    the simple fact is mags never needed an aftermarket. and unlike cockers, no one really figured out a better way than AGD to make them perform (at least pneumatically). the lack of aftermarket, high initial price, lack of knock offs, and high used price, means there are just simply less of them floating around. smaller chance to get a hold of one or see one in action.
    I would argue that bolt spring is both the source of the mag's reliability and a massive design constraint from the perspective of improving performance. That and the integrated regulator put some serious limitations on the aftermarket. I doubt nobody could make them perform better, but getting back to the point ElPanda was making, you couldn't make it perform better without remanufacturing a significant portion of the gun, which meant serious cost.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I would argue that bolt spring is both the source of the mag's reliability and a massive design constraint from the perspective of improving performance. That and the integrated regulator put some serious limitations on the aftermarket. It's not that nobody could make them perform better, but getting back to the point ElPanda was making, you couldn't make it perform better without remanufacturing a significant portion of the gun, which meant serious cost.
    if the integrated regulator had sucked or something, the aftermarket would have stepped in. but since it didn't, the mag never fostered the same 3rd party upgrades, aftermarket and knock offs the cocker did.

i mean lets face it, the cocker is a machinists who made a gun out of what he knew, the mag is a clean sheet of paper engineered gun. obviously no disrespect to either profession or gun, just different ways to skin a cat.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    if the integrated regulator had sucked or something, the aftermarket would have stepped in. but since it didn't, the mag never fostered the same 3rd party upgrades, aftermarket and knock offs the cocker did.
    Well, the reg has some issues but my point was more that it's hard to do much with the valve aftermarket with the way it's all integrated. "The aftermarket would have stepped in" is sort of sweeping over the details of how difficult it would be to modify any individual component.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 10-06-2014 at 06:07 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

How about talking about the reg issues on automags Steve.

You are the 1st person I've ever heard say this.

Be specific on what valve.
    endeavor to persevere.......

I feel like we should make another thread specifically for that discussion

this thread was more or less over at page 3 it seems hahaha
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Last edited by jacob; 11-13-2014 at 04:40 AM.