Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Axis Motocross helmet...

That requires 1k+ input pressure, is inefficient, weighs a ton for its size, uses a crappy regulator and terrible barrel mounting scheme. And they seem to go down as often as anything else.

And while I was introduced with cockers... they have their own set of issues. No particular allegiance here :P
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I like mags

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    That requires 1k+ input pressure, is inefficient, weighs a ton for its size, uses a crappy regulator and terrible barrel mounting scheme. And they seem to go down as often as anything else.
    And while I was introduced with cockers... they have their own set of issues. No particular allegiance here :P
    Not to flame but number one, the reg is the back half of the valve and works famously.

Number two my mag (pictured below) was just as efficient as the Geo+ I used to have.

If I have any issue with her, oil fixes it.

(I just bought in a group a mag and a cocker that hadnt been fired for 10 years, the mags works great, but not the cocker)

And the barrel is cocker threaded.

Anything else ?

endeavor to persevere.......

Insider

Also takes cocker threaded barrels, never breaks, and does not require crazy high input pressure to run the pneumatic trigger...

I can't argue the weight thing, warp feed for life yo!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Did someone say something stupid as f*ck in this thread somewhere or did I imagine it?

BigEvilOnline.com - Home of the bad, bad automag people.

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Not to flame but number one, the reg is the back half of the valve and works famously.

Number two my mag (pictured below) was just as efficient as the Geo+ I used to have.

If I have any issue with her, oil fixes it.

(I just bought in a group a mag and a cocker that hadnt been fired for 10 years, the mags works great, but not the cocker)

And the barrel is cocker threaded.

Anything else?
    I wouldn't say the geo+ was doing well either :P

But seriously, are those even mags anymore? Gorgeous.

Yes they are. They all use AGD valves, parts and at least authorized aftermarket parts. So what would even not make them not mags?

But what do mag users even care. AGD created HPA, the best working antichop bolt system, the fastest reg recharge rate(guess what gun Simon was using to test his Uberloader), and walkable mechs? Have a nice day
    Last edited by Simon; 09-26-2014 at 07:43 AM.

Doug, please keep the insults back even if you are joking. That's not needed and not everyone understands your sense of humour when typed out.

Let's please keep this a place where people can discuss topics without feeling like they are being attacked. Thanks.

Insider
    The best working anti chop system is break beam eyes.

Level ten is a solution with significant design compromises. Agd did some great things, but there is clearly a cautionary tale there as well. Same with wdp.

We can do our specific criticisms in another thread, but there is certainly no reason to attack Steve for what I would call valid criticisms.

The emag design execution is pretty humorous to me, though. Just drag the whole setup into modernity, kicking and screaming. Huge solenoid, huge battery. Brute force. I kind of love it. In the same way I love platypuses.

Or the rt reg. So good, it's bad. Spoiler, shoot up is just as bad add negative control offset, and it's not a feature.

When you consider the potential evolutionary paths for the mag, compared to what actually transpired...

See, there is the difference, the Emag design is horrible. It could have been done much better, but yet the Emag is still a mag, in every sense of the word. Like what Doc Nickles wrote, when you look at it, you see that its still a mag, and not an aboration. Even TK was thoroughly surprised that people not only were taking his design but going places he did not dream.

Now, i have no problems with a criticism where you point them out. Emag design is bad. The noid is ok(i do believe that for the time, it was the only option) and that necessitated the battery , which added to the weight and design. The board and code were horrible. There is a point where you should find a board designer & programmer. It shouldn't be don totally in house. ICD learned that all too late. But yet, the problems with the mag, is ironically what people love about them. The RT effect was a byproduct, but not a necessity, yet people tune the guns towards their own tastes and fingers. Personal guns are just that, personal. You can have one person rip at 20+bps, yet you might not hit 12bps on the same gun. I don't always use my Emag, but when i use it(granted its BigEvil tuned, with Xmod) she sings, easily out shooting my spire when i let it.

Hell, the easiest comparison of mags to the none mag users is, a stick shift in a car. Modern automatics are better, more efficient, faster and more capable in most circumstances, yet take away a man's stick box away and you will have a fight.

Also, you have to love the design were you have 2 screws for the entire gun, have 2-4 orings that could cause a leak, and most leaks can be solved with a few drops of oil
    Last edited by Nobody; 09-26-2014 at 09:22 AM.