Thread: Pulse RDR

Pulse RDR

Have you guys seen a lot of these around? I have yet to see one locally, but every time I try to redeem my voucher for oen from PBE, they're out of stock.

I haven't seen a single one in this area, but very rarely do I see players with tons of new gear either. Truthfully, I've yet to see a player using a Spire either. We're still very much Rotor and Halo country, with a strong showing of Pinokios.

(That said, what I've heard from players using the Pulse RDR or STD is that they aren't very good)

Insider
    It's all rotors and spires in my neck of the woods. Havn't seen or heard of RDR's at all since all the fuss when they were announced.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    I've seen a couple of top-level teams here in the UK using RDR's. Truth be told - the only shoot them when it's a GI sponsored event or their pictures might go to GI. They're not brilliant and a lot of the time I see them pulling out Rotors and Spires that they've bought themselves.
    Besides that, it's a strong 50/50 with Rotors and Spires, with the occasional (broken) Z2 and lots of Halos in the lower divs.

I did use a development RDR for a weekend tournament - must've put about 3 sets of batteries in there. It fed paint, but ate batteries. Did a test at the end of the day (bad paint that people had left behind) - got maybe 1500ish shots before the batteries started to go, and about 2500ish before it couldn't keep up with 10BPS. Although I did hear that that particular issue had been sorted with the latest software update.

It's very telling that GI's own flagship tournament teams aren't using them.

My suspicion is that it was released well before it was actually ready.