Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Some Pro Teams - 2015 and beyond?

I don't understand the Smyrna destination at all. They have no established infrastructure there, and I doubt the public park is going to be very happy to see the condition of their open spaces after the nets and crowds have come and gone. Why not go back to Paintball Central or maybe Adrenalin Paintball in GA (which just hosted the EC Women's Tournament last year)? Nashville seems like a dead end to me. Too soon to make nice with Pev in Virginia?

There's already MAO at OXCC, Pev's is practically the same location.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Somehow I was getting OXCC confused with Cousins Paintball Park. OXCC is a nice setup, and doesn't much make sense to move away from. Cousins does not on the surface appear to have the same features or setup that the other events have.

CEP no longer competing.

http://pspevents.com/2015/01/psp-pro...-cep-disbands/

PSP PRO TEAM CHATTANOOGA CEP DISBANDS AFTER 10 YEAR RUN IN PSP

Nashville, Tenn., (Jan 19, 2015) – Chattanooga CEP was formed in 2004 by Craig, Sue, Ty, and Alex Williams in Chattanooga, Tn. CEP (Cross-eyed Paintball) was born out of a single family’s love of the game in a place not known for competitive paintball. From 2004 until 2010, CEP earned 20+ podiums in the PSP and CFOA, arguably the most premier global and regional leagues in the world. We have watched over 150 players put on the CEP jersey, and grow not only as paintball players, but also as human beings. This journey has left these players with countless memories and friendships. We want to say “thank you” to everyone who has been apart of the CEP family.

In 2010, CEP reached the pinnacle of competitive paintball, being invited to play in the PSP Pro Division. For 4 seasons, CEP battled it out with the best teams and paintball players in the world. As many know, it is an incredible feeling to construct a homegrown paintball team and win your way through all the levels, earning a professional spot. Although the results were not up to the expectations of anyone involved, we are truly grateful for the opportunity to be apart of the most elite league in the world. Undoubtedly, the players involved in this experience will be able to say they accomplished something the majority of their peers only dream of. We will carry that with us forever.

Unfortunately, Chattanooga CEP will no longer compete in the PSP Pro league. This is not by any means because we lacked dedication, effort, support, love, or heart. The reason is because we helped a lot of people grow into some really awesome things. Members of our CEP family are now husbands, fathers, students, business owners, and success stories.

We would like to put out a special thank you to the following: The PSP for providing players with the best league in the world, Steve Nicola and Dr. Zuppa for your leadership and support, DYE Paintball for believing in us, and supporting us all four Pro years, and most importantly, the Williams Family for making it all possible.

– Robbie Goldsmith Chattanooga CEP #14 | e: Goldsmith.Robbie@gmail.com

Tampa Bay's out as well:

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4599545

That leaves, what like 6 or 7 teams left?

16 between the two sub-divisions. I've been keeping a running tracker for a good while. Longer than the Silly Season tracker's been public.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4477241

Insider
    I read a comment on nation that some people view it as a changing of the guard ( I believe it was in the CEP announcement thread)... out with the old/ in with the new kinda thing...
    Personally I think there is some truth in the statement but, it's really all about money. Everyone is tapped out from the top down.
    When the money runs out...the teams disband or quit...
    The problem with this is that 15 years ago... it was like cutting the head off a hydra..., a new one grows back in its place or two grow back in it's place.
    I just don't see that being the case anymore. I really don't see the longevity in the new teams coming in that I personally saw in the others...Not so much because of the players, but that fact that I think the industry still has a ways to go before it bottoms out.
    We need to make the funnel of players bigger. I see concessions being made to get back to that idea but, the ship turns slow....and I think we will see many more casualties before things get back on track.
    Last edited by YOUNGSTOWN; 01-23-2015 at 05:44 PM.

I wouldn't be terribly upset if there were a shift to regional tournaments, maybe with some kind of collaboration for a "world cup" of sorts at the end of the season.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I wouldn't be terribly upset if there were a shift to regional tournaments, maybe with some kind of collaboration for a "world cup" of sorts at the end of the season.
    this was always the better plan. regional league who give entry fee etc to there winners to play in a world cup.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I agree. It would feel like the pb world collapsed. I think you are going to see a drastic shift if the momentum doesn't change.

I could realistically see a era of where there are 4 large regional series with about 3- 4 events to each for moderate prices... and they are organized to where the "pro" teams play each other in their own region and then have a brief playoff system similar to the NFL at the end of the season.
    The west coast teams battle the southwest regions for a conference title... the same for the south and midwest teams... and possibly another for the new england area...
    Each with 4-6 top level or "pro" teams playing and duking it out for a seed spot at the final combined event at the world cup where all the top finishers go to see who's the best over all.
    The only large expense would be the FL event due to most teams flying in but, the bulk of the season could be kept to a min of 2-8 hour drives for the bulk of the teams...which is totally acceptable and doable.
    The amateur teams could play in their regions all season but it would be a open registration for them at the w.cup event.
    I think you would see a very,very large attendance at the final event and in a way it would bring back the spectacle that a few of us remember that w.cup once was.
    Naturally a change like this would be 100% cost driven because a traveling national circuit just seems to be a dying thing in my mind.
    But, that's just me thinking out loud...