Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Pro Teams - 2015 and beyond?

A secondary question, How many more teams can the league lose and still sustain professional play? How many current D1 teams want to move up to Challengers at this point - they already drew significantly from the pool this season?

TMG Outlaws mentioned that not only have they not yet received an invite up to Pro, but they're not sure if they'd take it if offered. They like winning money in D1, and they know it takes a lot of money to compete at the Pro level.

Insider
    from a inside source this week...another team to announce dropping out.

I think the most likely candidates would be Chattanooga CEP, Upton 187 Crew, and Sacramento XSV. I think all are now playing in challengers though, right?

My money's on CEP

187's home field, Fox 4 is up for sale. I'd put them strongly in contention for going away.

Seems like there may no longer be a challengers division after 2015 or maybe that was just to much reading into things of casual conversations.
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Quote Originally Posted by ThisISPaintball.ca View Post
    Seems like there may no longer be a challengers division after 2015 or maybe that was just to much reading into things of casual conversations.
    That, quite frankly, would be ridiculous from a spectator's point of view. The whole reason I pay for the webcast is because you never know who's going to be relegated. Without that suspense......we're back to great teams beating the crap out of, well, crappy teams and being bored out of our skulls. Relegation sucks for pro teams. Relegation is great for spectators. I don't want pro teams comfortable. I want them terrified that they could lose their spot at any moment. They need to fight and earn that title. To descend into clichés.......bring the game, not your name.

VCK has folded.

http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=4532041

Sources close to the team tell us that VCK will not be fielding a pro team for 2015.

The team recently lost 4 players. Ryan Smith went back to Houston Heat, Mitch Andrus and Cam Mccarty had real life and get in the way and TJ Danner went to AC Dallas.

John Jackson, Fuzz Jackson, Ian Wilson and Nico Hyde were the final four players on the squad.