Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Some Pro Teams - 2015 and beyond?

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Pro paintball is the canary in the coal mine for professional speedball and perhaps paintball overall.
    Even that last bit seems like a really big stretch.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    lol

there is always another economic downturn around the corner. if you think this big whigs at paintball companies know when its going to happen next that pretty foolish. they can't even figure out the basics of the paintball industry, how are the supposed to be predict the course of the world economy?
    By their dwindling pocketbooks.
    Doesnt take a rocket surgeon on that one.

endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    By their dwindling pocketbooks.
    Doesnt take a rocket surgeon on that one.

so because the paintball manufacturers have falsely subsidized professional paintball, which was always a foolish business decision, thinking it was a good use of money, when it never was ... the economy is going to crash?

we'll be sure to add the pro-paintball sponsorship easy factor to the list of leading economic indicators.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-01-2015 at 11:16 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Good ole Gordon, always pointing out the foibles of man/paintball, yet never coming close to a "fix" or anything constructive. Granted we are mostly all small fish here. None of us can steer a company towards the right or the best for paintball. We are the cogs and the workers, but yet till the industry recognises that they need to keep all levels of players happy, the economics of paintball will always ebb towards the brink of bankrupcy(econmoically and morally).

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Good ole Gordon, always pointing out the foibles of man/paintball, yet never coming close to a "fix" or anything constructive. Granted we are mostly all small fish here. None of us can steer a company towards the right or the best for paintball. We are the cogs and the workers, but yet till the industry recognises that they need to keep all levels of players happy, the economics of paintball will always ebb towards the brink of bankrupcy(econmoically and morally).
    i have already proposed exactly who in paintball knows whats up, and have presented many solutions to problems of this nature. but i will always remain on the outside throwing rocks in, i have ZERO interest in ever working in paintball. I will however vote with my dollars, and attempt to convince others to do so as well.

this of course trying to turn personal the actually seriously proposed "how easy pro paintball teams can get sponsorship" index as a leading economic indicator .... LOL

"oh there is a correlation between average dress length and the economy? and my daughter is wearing a shorter skirt than last month, must mean i should sell stocks to buy gold!"

#AObutthurtisthenewMCBbutthurt
    #lovemagsdontgetalongwithmagowners
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 01-02-2015 at 11:10 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Sad to see XSV call it quits, but the reality is that it takes a huge amount to make a pro team run, and with several choosing to pay and cherry pick players, it makes it even harder for those without other funding means (that they can afford to spend/Lose) to compete.

There is no money to be made in running a pro team. Usually only big losses. Most of the top teams are run at a huge loss because the owner considers it their hobby and are rich enough to throw out significant sums of money to enjoy themselves.

I am yet to be convinced there is any money to be made or an ROI on sponsoring a pro team.

I am yet to be convinced there is any money to be made or an ROI on sponsoring any team.

It seems the only real way to make any more from sponsoring is to "subsidize" sponsor teams where they pay a reduced price for equipment but you still make a profit.

There certainly is little loyalty from pro teams and little professionalism.

As much as I would like to see that I think you are better off realizing it doesn't exist and just making what you can from the situations rather than trying to teach/install it.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Sad to see XSV call it quits, but the reality is that it takes a huge amount to make a pro team run, and with several choosing to pay and cherry pick players, it makes it even harder for those without other funding means (that they can afford to spend/Lose) to compete.

There is no money to be made in running a pro team. Usually only big losses. Most of the top teams are run at a huge loss because the owner considers it their hobby and are rich enough to throw out significant sums of money to enjoy themselves.

I am yet to be convinced there is any money to be made or an ROI on sponsoring a pro team.

I am yet to be convinced there is any money to be made or an ROI on sponsoring any team.

It seems the only real way to make any more from sponsoring is to "subsidize" sponsor teams where they pay a reduced price for equipment but you still make a profit.

There certainly is little loyalty from pro teams and little professionalism.

As much as I would like to see that I think you are better off realizing it doesn't exist and just making what you can from the situations rather than trying to teach/install it.
    Simon,

Do you think it would be more beneficial for companies to sponsor local individual players/teams (i.e. free gear or reduced prices) with the understanding they must actively market the goods they are using? You could track the sponsored players/teams marketing success it by giving them an unique discount code they could hand out to local players to buy goods. If the player/team is not successful in marketing the goods they are using then they aren't signed for next year. Would that give players a little incentive to actually market their goods rather than just post of facebook or pbnation?

In terms of free gear I don't see it is being beneficial to sponsor many people or teams as a general rule. There are individuals who are worth it but that's very specific targeting and it's still not easy to see the actual ROI.

Reduced prices is totally different and seems like a far better way but in reality you aren't sponsoring anyone for the marketing value, you are just selling product at a reduced price. You look at that to see if you still make money, and make a sale you wouldn't anyway. Any marketing value is on top and likely negligible.

Having an "understanding" is kind of valueless with the majority of people and circumstances. People don't do it, or if they do you don't see returns from it.

Last year I sponsored a team in the North East. I watch to see the sales to people in that total area and it's been far less than the cost of the product I sent out.

Time will tell Dr.Gordon Freeman, time will tell.

I was referring to a crash like 07/08 not normal cyclical downturns.

If it happens again this year like I think it will, let's regurgitate your "know it all, I'm a genius engineer" comments again then.

endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Time will tell Dr.Gordon Freeman, time will tell.

I was referring to a crash like 07/08 not normal cyclical downturns.

If it happens again this year like I think it will, let's regurgitate your "know it all, I'm a genius engineer" comments again then.

as i said, another crash is always coming. and one will come soon because we have not solved the moral hazard that caused the '08 crash (public risk, private profits). no politician you can vote for today is willing to solve that problem, so welcome to the bubble/crash economy the owners always wanted.

the fact that pro paintball teams are finding a tough time to get sponsorship is not a leading economic indicator. if you want to talk about macro economics, lets do it. or if you want to talk about the business of paintball sponsorship, lets do it. if you want to make snide political comments in a thread about pro paintball, thats just tacky and stupid. though knowing you from yourself on AO, im not surprised, your type tend to see everything in a very glen beck's chalkboard type way, and love to bring it up in an effort to make everyone else as miserable as you are.

#AObutthurtisthenewMCBbutthurt