Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: What needs to happen to speedball to keep it relevant?

Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    No hate here.

If you are happy living where you are unarmed and defenseless, well I guess somebody has to do it.

Plenty of police state areas in the US too.

Glad to be in the state with the highest number of concealed weapons permits.

I find this kind of an... interesting argument. Simon, If you want to break this into a different thread, I wouldn't argue.

It seems that many Americans concentrate on the "fuck yea we have guns and we can carry them and this is awesome" feeling, but never really mention the "Why are they necessary to be carried on a daily basis" thought. Is there THAT little faith in overall society that one feels the need to carry? I have never, not once, felt that I would be more comfortable walking down the street if I had a gun on me. I do not understand the need for carrying one on a daily basis. It almost seems that you would view everyone on the street as a potential threat, and I think that's terrible.

That being said, do I own guns? Not directly. Because I don't have my PAL registered yet (I've done the course and passed with flying colours) I am not legally allowed to own firearms. Are my parents holding on to some for me? You bet. Have I any experience with them? Yes.

Do you expect to have a fire in your house or business everyday? No, well then I don't see a need to keep a fire extinguisher on hand at all times, just go buy one the day you are planning on something catching fire...Same logic, better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it...also I hear people always say "I would gladly put myself in the line of a bullet if it meant keeping my kids safe during a shooting/robbery" That's retarded, needlessly throw your life away and have your children growing up without a parent is just dumb. I on the other hand, if it comes to protecting myself or others will not cower in fear but meet the threat head on and put an end to it before those I love are harmed. If I fail then so be it, at least I tried to do something about it instead of cowering in fear....lead by example...

I have always felt this way to an extent but now that I have a 2 1/2 year old son and a daughter on the way any day....you can damn well bet I'm going down swinging...

IMG_2447.jpg

And yes I am carrying right now, just as I always am when I'm out and about/working.

What I'm getting at, is why is it necessary for ANYONE to be carrying at all? Why have anyone be a potential threat randomly when you should be able to remove that threat all together?

Quote Originally Posted by pote View Post
    IMG_2447.jpg

And yes I am carrying right now, just as I always am when I'm out and about/working.
    Springfield XDS ?
    endeavor to persevere.......

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    What I'm getting at, is why is it necessary for ANYONE to be carrying at all? Why have anyone be a potential threat randomly when you should be able to remove that threat all together?
    Because the police are at the very least 20 minutes away when you call 911.

If there is a real threat (which is why you would call 911) you will be ready for the morgue before they arrive to protect you.

Why is it so hard for people to wrap their head around the fact that you and only you are ultimate responsible for your own (and your family's) safety ?

A society where law abiding citizens are prohibited from owning guns does not prevent bad guys/criminals/people with evil intentions, from having them, they don't care about laws.

All they know is everyone is helpless and are easy targets.

endeavor to persevere.......

Exactly, banning things does nothing....heroin and other narcotics are illegal but yet they are an incredibly quickly growing problem and issue in central Pennsylvania....

And yes it's my xds 45

Did you see the video of the Muslims beheading people on the streets of London and everyone was powerless to stop them because guns are bad and no one should have them in London.....that was a couple of dudes with knives...

I don't know, fly casual