Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Quadcopter build

Supports Inception Designs
    I've more or less settled on the Tarot 650 for the 'big' one, at this point I am planning to get two, one smallish one for experiemting, and then the bigger one for heavy lift.

I'm actually looking to do a quad build as well. I've got a Nano QX and a Taranis plus transmitter I've been practicing with, and a Super-X brushless on the way, but want to do a 250 racing quad based on the Blackout. I've got a spreadsheet going of what I need to pick up still.

FYI, if you're serious about doing an FPV build Simon, you're going to need to get your technicians (ham) license to do 5.8Ghz video. I've been passing the hamstudy.org practice tests, just need to bump up my rating to about 85% and take the test for real.

Just don't have the same issue as this person did dropping a $50,000 octocopter rig down a 400ft deep canyon-- into a stagnant dirty pond.

RED Drone Down.jpg
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by ThisISPaintball.ca View Post
    Just don't have the same issue as this person did dropping a $50,000 octocopter rig down a 400ft deep canyon-- into a stagnant dirty pond.

RED Drone Down.jpg
    Woof... had to track this story down... http://proof.nationalgeographic.com/...-grand-canyon/

Took the plunge yesterday, started to pick up some parts for my 3rd quad a 250mm build based off of the Strider frame:

Curt I'd love to get in on this with you. I have been waiting on the FAA to pass the directive before I took the plunge. Which they pretty much did now.
    While I am waiting. I been working on raspberry pi controller stuff lately.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Took the plunge yesterday, started to pick up some parts for my 3rd quad a 250mm build based off of the Strider frame:

Now that looks really exciting!

It's a FPV racing quad. They can go quite fast!

This is the little 125 I built recently. I'm going to be retrofitting FPV gear onto it soon.

Insider
    That video is absolutely amazing.
    So lemme get this straight. With the right transmitter, these things can broadcast live feed to a pc/tablet with an interface like the Occulus?
    I might have to dig my electronics textbooks out...