Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Quadcopter build

Starting to get into multi-rotors myself, especially after having come up on some killer deals on motors. Kind of sad that this thread died out.

I'm right now looking at Flight Controllers, looking at APM. But, may go with one of the cheaper more basic controllers. Current build is in the 400mm range. Using carbon rods and 3D printed panels. Hoping to get 15-20 minuts of flight with basic FPV gear.

While it might seem like lazy I really have fallen in love with the SteadiDrone. Would love to have the chance to work with one of these for a music concert or music video (or sports events aka paintball or any really).

The carry weight really allows for some crazy high end gear to get placed into the air. The size is also huge but if you are considering investing in a VADER - M model you would have so much insurance coverage on your gear that even if their if flight error you would still be able to recover from the lost/damaged equipment.

http://www.steadidrone.com/
    Proudly Brought To You By: ThisISPaintball, Pinnacle Paintball, PaintballPhotography.com
    Seasons Past:
    Spikes 5150, Spikes Fuel Xtreme, Mystic Warriors, Birmingham Bulldogs, Inro-MORTIFIEURS, ChopShop, SportAgressor Russia, Buffalo CRUsh, Malmo Furious, Canadian Response & Canadian Express

Those are wild. We have a few local companies producing similar "High-End" units for commercial purposes.

I don't know that I would or could call it lazy. At least in the US, my understanding is that you would need a full manual for the particular "UAV" you are using in order to get the exemptions required to fly commercially.