Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honest Thoughts on the Machine Vapor?

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)

Honest Thoughts on the Machine Vapor?

So, I've been offered a 2014 Vapor in a trade - have never touched one, let alone shot one or had an in-depth look at the internals.

Anyone had experience of a Vapor? Apparently, according to the sales literature, "all the issues of previous generations have been solved"

We refuse to service them, parts are non-existent and they aren't the nicest thing to work on. Then there is also the shade the design and company have on them.
    H+
    Hustle Paintball Video Goon

Anything where the sales pitch is "We fixed it!" is a little sketchy haha.

Yeah, that's what made me apprehensive in the first place! Plus, I'm not entirely sure there is a service centre.... Anywhere....

I've heard a couple people say the typical 12-year-old response of "duuuudddeee its the best gun ever" but I've heard several tales of woe from V1,2 and 3 owners.

Its a case of either keeping my Creed or trading it for this thing

Get Yourself a sprung bolt NXT shocker. It is more reliable than a vapor.

I've got an Enertia bolt/spring somewhere.... Now to find the shocker that I last saw in 2010....

Although it's not actually gonna be mine, my mate has (in a fit of exuberance) now bought the Vapor. I'll keep you updated on how badly it fails

I was offered a J4 Torque trade this week.

Of course I havent read the 52 page saga on pbn dude.

endeavor to persevere.......

Insider
    Hi, it's a good marker for the price it is now, I paid 300 for it. Here in Mexico I'm becoming the non official tech center hahaha no one wants to tech them for the lack of spare parts, but many are from other markers, and it's not that difficult to work with. It's fairly efficient, quiet and smooth, not the best, but for the price here in Mexico it beats other markers.

I tried to contact Machine to buy spare parts kits (complete, not like the one on their site) and what is needed to be a certified tech, never got an answer.

If your friend needs any help with it, just pm, I'll gladly help him.

I think he'll probably message you at some point! He's had a grand total of 8 problems since purchasing it:

All batteries register as depleted - even when brand new
    The Mills 10BPS is actually 11.3BPS
    Velocity drop during ramping
    Rearmost O ring slicing on removal of bolt
    Barrel vent holes still have burrs - and occasionally are missing altogether
    Over-tightening of barrel has made a gouge in the barrel
    Gripframe screw falling out
    Battery Harness failing mid-game

It's quite tragic to watch really. I've tech'd it more that he's played with it.

Insider
    Wow, that's a lot of problems, but not the worst I've seen. Mine is running fine after I fixed the battery harness and eyes.
    Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    I think he'll probably message you at some point! He's had a grand total of 8 problems since purchasing it:

All batteries register as depleted - even when brand new
    For this I would call APE, they have a very good CS, I called them for a problem with the oled in a Rev-i board, they sent me a replacement just paying for the shipping.
    The Mills 10BPS is actually 11.3BPS
    Same as before, call APE, sounds more like a board problem, and just for curiosity, with what chrono are you checking the BPS? I'm asking because I've found some differences with different chronos
    Velocity drop during ramping
    With this, the most common problem I've seen is the tank, don't know why, but the vapor needs between 400 and 550 PSI to work well, also if the board is depleting the batteries, it can cause that issue
    Rearmost O ring slicing on removal of bolt
    Barrel vent holes still have burrs - and occasionally are missing altogether
    Over-tightening of barrel has made a gouge in the barrel
    For this three, I agree that QC in some vapors I've seen is terrible, mostly with V1's, on true V3 haven't saw that
    Gripframe screw falling out
    Battery Harness failing mid-game
    This is also related with QC, mine also failed, the eyes too failed, because of that I started making laser eyes and battery harness
    It's quite tragic to watch really. I've tech'd it more that he's played with it.