Thread: Stella Tips and Barrel Blocker Question

Stella Tips and Barrel Blocker Question

Would it be safe to make a tip for a stella barrel tip to replace a barrel bag/plug? Think of a tip but with no hole on the end.

Would screwing it on make it strong enough to stay on when the marker is accidentally fired? Perhaps glue some foam on the front in case it shoots off.

Just a thought that entered my head.

Sometimes the cord on a barrel bag annoys me, being able to screw the bag on and off would be a little easier.

The real trick is training people that see you without a bag on that it's actually blocked and safe.

Seems like it would take a lot longer to install/uninstall.

A lot longer.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Like Dayspring said, it's a visual thing. Unless it were bright orange (think hunting blaze orange) and MASSIVE, I wouldn't recommend.

Supports Inception Designs
    PE did something similar for the Shaft barrels, but it was a baffles so.that you could test fire in your house. I do agree that it would have to be huge and orange in order to be noticeable.

Daysrping: That occurred to me latter. So now I am thinking about a large bag attached at one end to a screwable tip.

PBSteve: Never thought about that, but I do not really care either. I would be doing it as I walk away either way, and most of the time I am being shot by morons who do not know when to stop no matter what, so the extra time does not really affect me.

Yes a screw on tip would be phenomenally strong and safe. But also it would take time and would be best if anodized a bright safety colour.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Yes a screw on tip would be phenomenally strong and safe. But also it would take time and would be best if anodized a bright safety colour.
    And along this line it should be noted:

A 3-D printed version would not be safe. This would need to be done in Aluminum.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Supports Inception Designs
    I wonder if it would be more feasible with a fast change tip, maybe less.than a turn. Would need an adapter perhaps, but that would reduce time to install.

Difficult to put something hard in your pocket comfortably. I shove my barrel condom in my pocket usually, could possibly hurt to slide on it if it was rigid.
    Last edited by skibbo; 10-30-2014 at 11:40 AM.

Thanks, guys. Very interesting.