Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Empire and Inception Feedneck Stub Spec

Empire and Inception Feedneck Stub Spec

I have quite literally no idea what I'm doing, but here's an attempt at a drawing for the sniper feedneck based on Simon's spec. I believe the chamfer at the top is non-critical.

If you guys want it in .pdf I'll have to email it to Simon as the file manager wouldn't allow me to upload it.
    Attached Images Attached Images

For having no idea, it's a great start.

E-mail me the pdf and I will host it and put a link up.

Bringing this back to life, sorry for going zombie thread.

Anyone know if it's possible to cut this type of stub into a pressed-in Cocker feedneck? Say, 2002 vintage? I've got a nice 2002 body that I've been saving for a project, and had the intention to do the "Ego Feedneck Mod" to it, but I'd honestly prefer to drop a Sniper/Resurrection/Vanquish neck on there instead.

The smallest portion of a cocker feedneck is .875 (just checked my 04) and it's only .05 high...

The thicker portion of a cocker feedneck would be more than adequate, but because of the lip and the inability to do this work on a lathe... I can see it being a real PITA to do.

One of the reasons the PE mod is so popular is because it's simple to do and can be done with a hacksaw and files.

Or pull out the stub and do it on a lathe and then it would be quite easy... not sure what holds them in. Are they just press fit?

They are. I think a big issue is realignment.

They are press fit and realignment is the biggest issue. Something I've been seeing alot more people is putting them in a CNC mill and write a program that does it. Alot more complicated but makes for a good job and no realigning necessary.

I had an adjustable reamer that i used for aligning the feednecks. but i was not putting in a old feedneck, these were all new with material left for alignment

does Empire Sell these feednecks anywhere? I am looking for an alternative to ego feednecks.