Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: GI Sports Paintball Mnaufacturing

GI Sports Paintball Mnaufacturing

Actually a pretty impressive video.

I had no idea the facility was so large.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

The manual process of drying and handling the paintball seems like it s a pain in the butt

There does seem to be a lot of manual stuff involved. Then again paintball isn't a big enough industry to robotise everything.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Insider
    Everyone who complains about the price of paint should have to watch this.
    Alex Hodge
    Product designer @ HKArmy
    Designs | Videos | Linkedin

I think it's cool, but it shows how truly inefficient the process. Truthfully though, I suspect the cost of paint is in the distribution more so than the manufacture.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I think it's cool, but it shows how truly inefficient the process. Truthfully though, I suspect the cost of paint is in the distribution more so than the manufacture.
    I'm thinking that the industry follows Amazon's plan and deliver cases of paint by drone. Never have to leave your bunker.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    Increases in efficiency must be cost effective, otherwise it's not an increase in efficiency.

if cleaning out the trash distracts the operator from a precision job of setting up the encasulator, rather than figuring out machines to take the trash out, why don't they figure out a way to make the paintballs properly in the first place? seems like thats an easier controls problem then automatic trash disposal.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    if cleaning out the trash distracts the operator from a precision job of setting up the encasulator, rather than figuring out machines to take the trash out, why don't they figure out a way to make the paintballs properly in the first place? seems like thats an easier controls problem then automatic trash disposal.
    That would be the smart thing to do, but it doesn't seem like many in the industry do the smart thing.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Increases in efficiency must be cost effective, otherwise it's not an increase in efficiency.
    Duh.