Page 399 of 418 FirstFirst ... 299349389397398399400401409 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 3,990 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I don't know the person's intention, but I've been guilty of making other digs at your life choices and it was wrong of me to have done that. I apologize. It's always easy to see the "faults" in others and much more difficult to come to grips with our "self." So, I understand if you chose not to forgive me, but the olive branch has been extended.
    thanks. i dont know what forgiveness really means in this case, but i thank you for your sentiments and am happy to continue talking/discussing things with you.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I mean, you could turn it into a compliment and just accept that someone thinks you're a stud.

I'm taking a break from paintball for a while, but I did feel like I needed to apologize to you.

Later guys.

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I mean, you could turn it into a compliment and just accept that someone thinks you're a stud.

I'm taking a break from paintball for a while, but I did feel like I needed to apologize to you.

Later guys.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Oh the irony (and not referring to anything above)...

long story short: I built a new media centre computer/Plex Server. Case took too long to ship, I grew impatient waiting, ordered case from second supplier.

First case came day before second, I build computer. Get too excited, don't really install all the drivers, just so I can have Plex working again ASAP.

GF decides we should build her a computer in the second case so she can run Linux for some of her research, we build one around almost same parts as my Plex server, Ryzen 2200g processor etc. Her distro of choice, CentOS (necessary for certain programs she says) doesn't support Ryzen 2xxx CPUs because ancient kernel.

Internet goes out, so we can't even update anything. Literally nothing we can do on her computer.

Realize we can't watch videos at home because no internet, and therefore no Plex. Realize computer is connected to TV, try to play videos that way, and realize there's no audio because I didn't install drivers....

Sorry for reading like a 4chan greentext, just needed to get all the info out.

We've gotten the ISP to come check it out, they've replaced an aging cable from service box on house to router (which was likely causing service issues before), but the service box itself has no power/signal, meaning upstream issue. The new wire is just flying in the wind hanging from a tree for now.

Insider
    How's your phone's data plan? Tether that shit.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Had thought of that. Was the plan if it was still off when I got home... I've got 11GB and only really ever use half if I'm never on WIFI.

A competing cable company is upgrading their lines in the area and apparently has broken our ISP's lines in 4 separate locations. Our ISP has restored service to our house/area so until the next outage, I don't need to worry about it.

edit - to explain further, we built the computer for my GF with stuff we could get ASAP - if we could have waited, we probably could've done better. But she needed something now... and then of course internet went down.

Rushing in a project. You learn to not do that, but it always happens. You live and you learn.

so i got off on a strange tangent today ... crowdgather still owns PBN from what i found, and crowdgather is now less than a penny stock .... many ed and tony cashed out at the right time hahaha. also its market cap is less than 400k, and an annual sales of around 160k. anyone one of us could just buy it.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 09-19-2019 at 06:29 PM.

You're far behind the times. PBN was sold by Crowdgather to Vertical Scope years ago.