Page 150 of 418 FirstFirst ... 50100140148149150151152160200250 ... LastLast
Results 1,491 to 1,500 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    A friend of mine was a big security VP at Microsoft (Darknet, SDMI, NGSCB, VMM, Bitlocker).

He kept on telling me to change my old Hotmail password that I had from before Hotmail was Microsoft (uhm, 20 some odd years ago...) from the un-guessable 4 letter password it was. Since Hotmail wouldn't allow anything less than 6 then 8, it was totally under the radar I figured. Finally did.

So now almost all my passwords involve a XKDC sentence with his name in it. And maybe profanity.

60hr work weeks
    Finally slowed down to that, just abouts, from 70-80. Brutal past couple months. I can't do that so easy with kids and such, best do it when you are young and not in your 40's.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

New Ion: Your sysadmin is past needing better security training, he needs a psychiatrist. That is outright crazy. Cool technologies and Detroit car company seem kind of contradictory, but if they had something for you that was interesting then I wish you luck and hope there is still a chance for you to get it. Before I got sick I worked 80 hour weeks during our busy season and often 60 during the slow times. It may have contributed to my health problems for all I know. I will tell you now you are making the right decision to avoid that sort of life.

tyronejk: I like word play and puns. Good one!

Insider
    Newion you want to move to the D? looking for an auto engineering job in general or hybrids specifically?

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    Newion you want to move to the D? looking for an auto engineering job in general or hybrids specifically?
    I'd like to stay out of Detroit if possible. I really was just referring to an american automaker when I said Detroit, AFAIK they're all (save Tesla) based out of there. I'm not picky about hybrids specifically.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Apparently SpaceX is the same way. I've heard most people work there for a maximum of 2 years before they burn out and leave. Musk have something to do with their CEO.
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Fuck that little ball bearing & spring on those safety kits... That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    Fuck that little ball bearing & spring on those safety kits... That is all.
    They are easy. Now taking it out, that is the trick. But i have my ways...

Percussive maintenance usually works fine for me, just have to figure out how to catch the spring

god i love driving that v8 944. just a fantastically fun car. not a fast one mind you, but just a god awful amount of fun.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.