Page 391 of 418 FirstFirst ... 291341381389390391392393401 ... LastLast
Results 3,901 to 3,910 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Anti-authority when the government tells them that black people have equal rights. Pro-police when police killing black kids becomes more prominent. It's like there's a common thread here.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    Anti-authority when the government tells them that black people have equal rights. Pro-police when police killing black kids becomes more prominent. It's like there's a common thread here.
    exactly.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Those "boomers" could have been retired cops. A crew of veterans. Could have been a lot of things.

In other "let's not turn this thread into another Politics thread" news, we can order a new GT500 as of yesterday. We've got one customer very interested, and capable of buying, but she'd want it ordered and on the lot before committing. And she'd want it black with red stripes. Don't think we're likely to do that with our one allocated GT500. Although, who knows. The first GT350 we ordered was set up pretty much knowing it was "for" a particular customer.

TBH, I feel like black with red stripes isn't offensive enough to be hated by someone wanting one if she wouldn't order it.

I'm kind of sad they went with the cross plane instead of the flat plane crank, though in a supercharged application I can understand the desire to not want the vibrations/imbalances... just that sweet noise will be missed.

In other news, it appears that the C8 has leaked, which sucks. I'm quite looking forward to that reveal. Full disclosure: I have no idea about anything about the car, other than some generic stuff that has been/will be revealed in 8 days anyways. Nothing particular to the car, more 'GM as a whole' things.

Other other news... we adopted a second dog. Named her Kya (kind of after the character from "The Legend of Korra" bc her previous name was Alga, spanish for algae and we wanted to keep it water themed) Foster fail... which comes with 2 thoughts: 1) 'fail' makes it seem like a bad thing. The dog found a home, that's a success! and 2) we weren't even supposed to be fostering this one. My gf picked the dog up from the airport and had her for the day and fell in love inside of 4 hours. Pretty much decided right then she wasn't leaving, left me to confirm. She's such a cutie, fits in really well with our family, super trainable...

I still feel bad for Gonzo as it seems life in Canada hasn't been kind to him. He's been in and out of adopted homes, he's gathered up some resource guarding issues, he's bit people... Poor pup. He's such a good boy and I feel life just hasn't been kind to him. He'll find his forever home soon. He didn't have any of these issues when we had him and it makes me sad.

Our successful previous foster pup Brad keeps making me want to cry with tears of joy. He truly found his family - we got a second update and he looks so happy. Running around a HUGE yard (~2 acres) and coming when called, every photo he's got a huge smile and is cuddled up to the kids.

We've spent so much time and money (actually only about 2.5k) doing up the back yard. Cut the shed in half, moved it to open up area, laid sod, put in a garden, built a bbq stand, bought patio furniture... it's now a place that's beautiful and I want to spend time in. It's so worth it to go out on a weekend and eat all 3 meals outside and enjoy the time out there instead of just kind of being outside.

Sorry for the FB like post, thought some of you guys might enjoy the conversation and updates considering it's been previously talked about. I enjoy talking with you guys, as much as the conversation and tone of this forum has changed.

pratt and miller have been working on the mid engined C8.R GTLM/GTE for a while now. leaked a long time ago. the only debate is if it was going to be a top trim car or not (and leave the base front engined)

Im more shocked that GM is going to stop making the camaro. i always imagined that as the corvette goes up market and mid engined, they would still want a front engined V8 car, and frankly the numbers that those hopped up camaros do are not far off from the vette anyway. i mean, i think the camaro is kinda a garbage car personally, but that doesn't seem to stop them from being bought in big numbers.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    I think any car company with half a brain sees the writing on the wall

- - - Updated - - -

ion, i like that bit about the backyard. there's a ton of good science on how being outside is really great for you. I need to get my butt in gear re: my outside space.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

i mean, honestly, if you had 50k to spend on a new car, the obvious choice is the model 3 performance pack.

Insider
    I saw a camo'd up C8 last week here in metro Detroit.

My honest take is that it's completely derivative unless that was faux bodywork under the zebra striping. IMO it should have gotten a new name, keep the Corvette front engined. But I'll likely never be old enough to buy one anyway.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    pratt and miller have been working on the mid engined C8.R GTLM/GTE for a while now. leaked a long time ago. the only debate is if it was going to be a top trim car or not (and leave the base front engined)

Im more shocked that GM is going to stop making the camaro. i always imagined that as the corvette goes up market and mid engined, they would still want a front engined V8 car, and frankly the numbers that those hopped up camaros do are not far off from the vette anyway. i mean, i think the camaro is kinda a garbage car personally, but that doesn't seem to stop them from being bought in big numbers.
    It's not though. It's consistently lowest between Mustang, Challenger, & Charger.

Comparing specs, it'll run circles around all of them on a track. Problem is that doesn't seem to sell. The classic lines & cool looks of Challenger & Charger (bonkers engines helps..) along with the beautiful Mustang are selling.

I think, if it were called something other than Camaro it'd do better. the US public seems to be yearning for cars that make them feel good, and I feel the Camaro just doesn't do that as well as the Mustang & FCA offerings... and I think in part it's due to name.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    I think any car company with half a brain sees the writing on the wall

- - - Updated - - -

ion, i like that bit about the backyard. there's a ton of good science on how being outside is really great for you. I need to get my butt in gear re: my outside space.
    We've pushed HARD this summer to get to where we like, and it's super worth it. Won't have to really do anything to the outside of the house (outside of painting trim & replace windows) now, and we can just enjoy the time outside.

on the ethical ENM front: https://www.psychologytoday.com/us/b...arch-in-review

*pikachu shocked face*
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-10-2019 at 02:32 PM.