Page 86 of 418 FirstFirst ... 3676848586878896136186 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

Halo 5 is what's finally getting me to buy an Xbone.
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    As a former competitive counterstrike player, I can tell you that the nerd venn diagram has less union than you think. We 'strikers, we're really more the 'bro' type.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    paintball players obsessed with millisecond level valve resolution ... calling couterstrike players nerds?
    I think those are both Ryan

<3 ya bro

the thing that gets me with counterstrike is the skins

it blows my mind that people spend that kind of money for a texture file basically

side effect of the game being so popular I suppose

also I was the one calling counterstrike players nerds, and I do not recall any conversation about valve resolution
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Insider
    For the record I am, so clearly, a nerd meathead bro.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Lurker is bringing balance to the force.

don't worry I am just busting chops, I am probably one of the biggest gaming nerds on this forum TBH

Fallout 4 is going to ruin my life
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

So btw, I know this is the OT thread, but can I take a moment and appreciate/rant about Damon from Scenario Dreams?

I bought a UTB in like... 08? Wanted a open bolt one, he accidentally sent me a closed bolt one. Emailed him, he sent me an open bolt one. That one was either FUBAR upon arrival, or I broke it. Either way, I emailed him about it (don't remember the emails...) and he sent me another open bolt board. (I ended up buying a second harness for the closed bolt one a while back)

So just recently I put all the parts that I had together for my single finger E-Karni. Apparently I had accidentally applied full B+ to the collector of the BJT controlling one solenoid, and it seems like I ruined it. So I found the schematic, where he listed the BJT used. Looked it up, and emailed him about replacing the BJT. (TBH, the BJT should be able to take it, VceMax = 40V for that BJT...) Anyways, asked what the likelihood was of me replacing it, without ruining the rest of the board. Instead of answering my question, he just asked me for my address and what version I had to send me a replacement.

Thank you very, very much Damon. I would've been stuck with a pump, or double finger trigger electro. (Horror right?)

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    For the record I am, so clearly, a nerd meathead bro.
    so basically the worst of both worlds?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

well well well ... ms 36 year old wants to hang out next week .... maybe i wasn't just used. or maybe she wants to use me again. haha
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Til 36 no longer sounds old to me
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."