Page 91 of 418 FirstFirst ... 41818990919293101141191 ... LastLast

Thread: The OT thread V1

TIL this happened: Capacitor Plague
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Gah, one of those things that's simultaneously just so obvious and awesome you can't help but think "why didn't I think of that..."

https://i.imgur.com/cLZkzJz.webm
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    TIL this happened: Capacitor Plague
    I didn't know this was a widespread issue. The caps in my graphics card from 2006 exploded a few years ago. I found similar capacitors and replaced the old ones and as far as I know (some family member has that computer now) it's still working. It was one of those miracles where you try to fix something and it works the first time and you don't break anything else in the process.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Gah, one of those things that's simultaneously just so obvious and awesome you can't help but think "why didn't I think of that..."

https://i.imgur.com/cLZkzJz.webm
    Exactly my thought when I saw it on reddit. Except someone pointed out that the guy is using his legs to shift his weight around. It seems like it would work without legs though. Maybe not as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    I didn't know this was a widespread issue. The caps in my graphics card from 2006 exploded a few years ago. I found similar capacitors and replaced the old ones and as far as I know (some family member has that computer now) it's still working. It was one of those miracles where you try to fix something and it works the first time and you don't break anything else in the process.
    It was pretty rampant the early 2000's. I had it happen to 2 motherboards between 2000 and 2002, an Uncle had it in the same time frame, as did a ton of people I knew at college.

So I just taught Excel to some Commerce students. Apparently it went better than I thought, as some of them wanted me to tutor them one on one.

I definitely thought I just confused people more than helped them, but woohoo if I helped. Plus I got paid.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Plus I got paid.
    always the best
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

every 3 or 4 years i get the muscle car itch. these cars are so amazing on paper, so excellent for the money you spend. but then i go and drive one, and know that i made the right choice for me with my tiny little roadsters. they are just too freakin' big, and WAY too heavy and for what? i want that engine, at that price point, i just want less of everything else. could easily put one of these on a 800lbs diet, without even any exotic materials, lose the back seat, 2 or 3 feet of wheel base, smaller wheels and tires and suspension and brakes, cause you don't need em if the car was sub 3000lbs ...

but man, im getting that itch again hard .... the new IRS mustangs are excellent, and this 350 .... ooof .... sometimes its good to be bad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=GbbNlkP-ZSM
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

So, I saw Nitro Circus Live last night.

I don't know if I've ever had that much fun watching a show. The tricks got bigger and bigger as the night went on, it was an absolute blast. My GF loved the show too.

Had the PERFECT seats.

Too bad that I didn't find out that I had VIP tix until I got there in time for the main show though.

Nice! I just bought tickets to their LA show this week, can't wait.

Those guys over in PbN talking about trying to lower HPR OP of a Resurrection frustrate the hell out of me. Why do you buy an Autococker throwback and then try to turn it into another one of your modern guns? That and people trying to lower OP, dwell, etc. just because one arbitrary number is better than another.