Page 259 of 418 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,590 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    so, they did not support the law that you claimed they would.
    That is not what they said, nor what I said, nor what happened.

You are not listening - you are arguing your position.

At this point, you seem to have taken your position as sacred.

The problem is not on this side of the argument - it is in how you interact on it. I defined and detailed WHY they didn't just sign someone else's knee jerk reaction bill that was NOT discussed with the NRA, when I said that they were open to DISCUSSION.

Your comprehension, deliberate or not, of what I said, clearly and with example seems to be your problem in actually understanding the other side.

Sun Tzu would tell you this is how you fail in battle.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Though on a note: The republican Better ACA is a pile of crap - and most everyone knows it, both sides of the fence. Part of the reason Trump won and not Jeb had a large part to do with how much the Congress GOP sucks. Single digit approval ratings.

I think they would starve if they had to vote on it.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    @ Steve I was curious too and assume he means these:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/reli...-students.html

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-31293196

Obviously the situation for Western Muslims is significantly different than those living in Islamic states.
    Last edited by Lurker27; 10-19-2017 at 04:06 PM.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Insider
    This site had a wealth of polls, both supporting and countering some of what Gordon had stated.

https://www.thereligionofpeace.com/p...olls.aspx#isis

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Though on a note: The republican Better ACA is a pile of crap - and most everyone knows it, both sides of the fence. Part of the reason Trump won and not Jeb had a large part to do with how much the Congress GOP sucks. Single digit approval ratings.

I think they would starve if they had to vote on it.
    you can only judge a party by what they do. thats what they did, thats what they said they were going to do, and thats what they did.

so, its not partisanship from me, its just what they said they were going to do for 7 years, and then what they tried to actually do, and trump actually did do (ie end the subsidies). its there actions and words, and if they can't be judged on that .... then you live in a strange universe.

they said it, they did those things, thats how i judge them.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Oh, they barely even did that. I mean, they could have done that way before that if they were competent at all. They had the house and senate and presidency. (shakes head)

That being said:

Do you see that the GOP hasn't been responsive to the voters? So what has been happening is kind of the same disconnect that resulted in HC being the candidate for the DNC instead of Sanders?

The result of that is the out of the beltway candidate for the GOP - if voters were happy with the GOP, Jeb might have had a chance.

I think at this point, with Reid and Pelosi and McConnell and such most of the citizens here are just not happy with our representatives. They are disconnected and unresponsive.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    Oh, they barely even did that. I mean, they could have done that way before that if they were competent at all. They had the house and senate and presidency. (shakes head)

That being said:

Do you see that the GOP hasn't been responsive to the voters? So what has been happening is kind of the same disconnect that resulted in HC being the candidate for the DNC instead of Sanders?

The result of that is the out of the beltway candidate for the GOP - if voters were happy with the GOP, Jeb might have had a chance.
    dodging the argument.

you said my accusation that they didn't care about other people was just partisanship from me.

but there words, and actions, are what matters, and there words and actions show they don't give two shits about anyone.

so ... i was spot on. i don't know how to convince someone that they should care about someone else's welfare.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I live in Texas, one of the most pro-gun states and I am vehemently opposed to bump fire stocks. How the ATF let that through is absurd.

how is this caring? http://theweek.com/speedreads/731714...althcare-costs

yes, she straight faced, said that ERs should turn people away to cut costs.

there words man, not mine.

lobbying and the fact that it skirts the wording of the law, as with most firearms laws, the wording is something that ultimately defines how manufacturers, law enforcement, and owners behave within the market

the reason manufacturers pin lock magazines into receivers in some states is because they are not allowed to sell firearms with detachable magazines, which the anti-gun lobby saw as a victory against high capacity magazine use only to realize that companies would find a way to satisfy the law and their customers (like any business)
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.