Page 264 of 418 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364 ... LastLast
Results 2,631 to 2,640 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    I haven't aired the gun up yet, but I will probably on Monday. I guess I'd never considered the fact that a mag could be short stroked. Gross.
    That is why TK put air pressure behind the trigger in the RT, to help eliminate the possibility, but then well RTs are bad...

Its just a chuff with a level 10, doesn't chop.
    endeavor to persevere.......

The automag isn't gross.

The trigger is tied to the input (via the on/off valve) and output (via the sear and bolt) of the dump chamber.

The on/off valve both feeds the dump chamber and resets the trigger. Pulling the trigger shuts off the on/off valve, then releases the sear. Regulated top pressure on the on/off valve works against the finger to reset the trigger.

It can be starved with careless technique, but in my experience you really have to be either a clumsy shooter or in a terrible hurry to starve the valve.

As for the twistlock, it was phenomenal when it came out, and it is still perfectly functional. There were some issues with the old wire detents breaking and causing havoc, but the new plastic detents solved that and as long as you aren't running goofy pressures on the ball stack, it's fine for use with any modern loader, and no/low-force loaders like the Spire and Pinokio are ideal for it.

If you want to know more about how it functions and the like, just do a YouTube search of "AGD Automag", and you can find the old AGD video, which is a great overview and history lesson.

The thing is possibly the most rugged marker ever built, and is as reliable as anything out there. Tippmanns have nothing on them. Very few moving parts, very few seals, and even by today's standards exceptionally consistent.

And tons of fun to shoot.

They are far from perfect, of course, but the vast majority of criticisms are just silly, and driven by a fundamentally anachronistic ignorance.

They were astonishingly advanced when they came out, and needed absolutely no tuning or out-of-box upgrades, and that is part of why they lasted so long at the top of the competitive scene.

Last edited by going_home; 10-22-2017 at 06:42 PM.
    endeavor to persevere.......

That one is fine, but better to see the whole video.

a classic could work at 550, but it'd have to be a pretty high flowing 550. with level 10 i bet not, but with a level 7 bolt it could work.

best not to though, mags love higher pressures.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Oh yeah, ran plenty of mags on CO2, they are fine, and built for it. Just keep liquid out of it. I ran coiled hoses on a vertical tank for years and in some stupid cold weather.

If you remember the operation pressure is 400psi and they have a reg, then being based off of stock 850psi input makes sense, since the reg would be running at half the supply pressure. Running at 550psi you have a small differential between operating pressure and supply, so it doesn't recharge well.

Part of that idea is so you could chill a CO2 tank down quite a bit and they would still fire. Where as many running full CO2 would chill the tank and drop velocity.

If you had the poorly designed and thought out Magic Box mod, it should run fine with a 550 output tank because the operating pressure is 325 or so, IIRC, and a lot closer to half the input pressure.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    If you had the poorly designed and thought out Magic Box mod, it should run fine with a 550 output tank because the operating pressure is 325 or so, IIRC, and a lot closer to half the input pressure.
    Or get a smart mag which was basically the magic box built into a mag (expanded dump chamber), spiced with 8 hole mod (that did nothing).

Any how to for the magic box mod? Well... googlefu tells me it's a SP component. Conceptually wouldn't the mod make it easier to short stroke?
    Last edited by ironyusa; 10-23-2017 at 12:13 PM.

They do care. A lot. I promise. My wife cares a lot about people, and volunteers, but she is a conservative and voted for Trump (I supported Johnson myself.) Same with a lot of my co-workers and friends. Conservatives are very caring people. They donate time and money at a higher rate than progressives to also.

If you start with the premise that they don't, then you end up approaching the problem incorrectly each time. Your assumption of their morals and positions means you can't start with not offending them immediately then.

The difference is in HOW to promote another persons welfare. And that is where the sides look at the other and go "Don't you care?!"
    So I couldn't respond to this last week, but I don't think you were adequately called out for this steaming pile of bullshit.

Let's get it off the table, the ACA is a shitty band-aid on a bigger problem. Americans are price-insensitive to medical care for a variety of reasons, and when the medical industry was taken over by private equity firms in the early 2000's they knew it and exploited it.

Republicans are currently attempting to repeal Obamacare. Repeatedly. At least several of them know that doing so would leave the most vulnerable citizens standing empty handed, so they've blocked repeal without some kind of real functioning replacement already in place. And no, your wife's volunteer efforts are not adequate replacements for health coverage as you seem to be suggesting.

You need to start with trying to actually engage with a blank slate and not demonization. Ask them WHY they want the ACA repealed.
    I've had a lot of these conversations. The overwhelming conservative argument is that "people need to stand on their own two feet" and "not live off government handouts". And they say this, typically, to justify going after the subsidies directed at the poor. Housing assistance, food stamps, medicaid etc.

But, like you, do you know what they fail to mention? Every. Single. Time? Fox news screams bloody murder about entitlement culture and the damn poors ruining the budget, yet they never mention all the tax subsidies that go to the middle class and above. The government handouts which are equivalent to cutting someone a cheque because they have a mortgage, or because their employer provides their health care, or because they're saving for retirement and their kids' college. If we got rid of them, our budget would be at a $250 bn surplus. Fox is right, there's a class war going on right now, and they've been leading the charge and winning for 40 years.

Nevermind that the ESI exclusion makes healthcare more expensive. Nevermind that the MID only boosts home sale prices and doesn't increase homeownership rates. If conservatives wanted to help poor people they'd stop sucking on the government teat themselves, but you'll never hear that argument.

At this point I expect several people to backtrack and say "oh, of course I want to see those things gone too!" Except you didn't until I mentioned them. Like the split-tongued sycophants at Fox News and their congressional counterparts, you prioritized the elimination of subsidies for low income Americans that are the band-aids for the mess created by middle and upper-middle class tax breaks. Let the poors suffer first, then I might consider reworking the MID. There's a reason conservative politicians attract the wealthy, and it's got nothing to do with morality.

To his SINGULAR credit, Trump wants to convert the MID to a larger standard deduction. But of course he's doing it irresponsibly and probably only because his cartel owns a lot of rental property.

The mainstream GoP is truly the party of "fuck you, I've got mine". If you don't see it in their policies you're not looking hard enough.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 10-23-2017 at 03:26 PM.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon