Page 270 of 418 FirstFirst ... 170220260268269270271272280320370 ... LastLast
Results 2,691 to 2,700 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    I want to see this! I still have my first MiniMag, and it wouldn't mind a tune up.
    If you're ever in Simon's neck of the woods, hit me up.

Top Gun is having a Vintage Gun Day in early December. On the off chance you are in the neighborhood I can bring all the pertinent goodies and walk you through it.

Doug is thoroughly familiar with it, and kept it secret through the early years of its development.

If nothing else I can chat with you about it via pm.

Are you planning on doing anything with it? If not, post up. I'd like to toy with it and see if I can make an acceptable mag.

i see jack rice is no longer advertising the sweep bolt as having improved range. instead it is "sweep bolt: smoother shot, improved rammer controle"

yes, control with an e.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

I do find the deception to be aestetically pleasing minus the ASA and the blocky rear frame shape. Kinda like your signature says...

Insider
    Even though we locked horns on PBN and such, Jack was a decent guy in person. I like the feel in hand of the Deception. Light, swoopy, but you can see the asian DNA in the cosmetics. Cycled one, but not with paint.

Are you planning on doing anything with it? If not, post up.
    I second this motion.

If you're ever in Simon's neck of the woods, hit me up.

Top Gun is having a Vintage Gun Day in early December. On the off chance you are in the neighborhood I can bring all the pertinent goodies and walk you through it.
    I would love to, but doubt I will till business picks up. Seems my wife isn't a fan of me leaving her with 5 kids any more than I do for work. Like next week when I head out to Kansas City to do some work for Amazon. :/
    Last edited by pbjosh; 10-24-2017 at 08:14 PM.
    Josh Coray
    J4 Paintball
    Lead Design
    www.j4paintball.com

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Meh, you can have this one.

Isn't the lvl 10 just a bleed hole combined with a more finely tuned spring setup? Am I missing something? Feels like the LPR on the FS would be pretty close, just short the bleed.
    Wow, totally missed it. But all things considered, if you didn't have a mag, you wouldn't know.

I am probably wrong, but it was a stepped pin on the bolt, which allowed the initial release to move at a smaller pressure, up to or passed the point of the diameter of a ball. After that, it sped up to full pressure, allowing proper release of the dump chamber and firing pressure. The key was that in the powertube, you had a new set of spacers that used a a smaller oring to seal, and the spacers set the distance of the bolt.

Technically, i probably got it all wrong. Physically, it was a set of parts that were swapped in, that gave you reliable, mechanical anti-chop capabilities at a slight sacrifice of efficiency. It doesn't matter how fast you shoot, because the L10 is in the bolt, only extreme cases of brittle paint do you get any kind of chop. Have the gun RT at 30+ bos and throw a revy on it, and no chops.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    Right, I'm pretty sure Simon was pretty involved in the Freestyle.
    The only thing that i know Simon was envolved with was some designs of the Promaster and making the a working set of Russian Legion FS5s. Simon of course can correct me on actual facts.

Quote Originally Posted by pbjosh View Post
    It was rocked by the Naughty Dogs right next to the Timmy.

The problem was it was a bit finicky - if you didn't get the LPR just right, or the solenoid was a bit off, or the wiring... sometimes they just wouldn't work, and for no good reason. Rocky said they had to have quite a few backup. When they worked, they beat everything on the market. When they worked.
    Meh. Having half the team or more NOT shooting a FS does not equate to a flagship team. It would be like Dynasty shooting Angels and SFT shockers at the same time.

And yes, a FS is like driving a F1 car against a street car. So smooth, so fast, so horrible in efficiency (the early models at least- the FS8 did get ok numbers), and when it wasn't working, an FS of any gen was an extreme basket case that would give you fits.

The biggest down fall of any and all ICD guns was the regs. The LPRs were servicable, aftermarket was better but the HPRs were horrid. As many manufacturers were starting to make halfway decemt to very good regs, ICD kept the same design through every design. Only till the Lasoya PM did they use a copy of a Vigilante (though i never used that reg, so i have no comment on that), but the Lasoya was at the very end. The first thing i do with any ICD gun i own is ditch the stock reg, not only because i can, because it is pointless to make chicken shit into chicken salad.

Funny because I've owned multiple freestyles, a couple promasters, a b2k2 and some others not counting the 'cats. On all the markers equipped with a LPR I ran the SCM and I used to run MD gladiator HPRs. I literally never had issues with the guns and they were all pretty competitive for the time. Of course, I always had a spare gun in the bag but it's a bit sad they couldn't get the regs right. I really liked the FS line for it's time.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by going_home View Post
    Caring versus paying for their care.....

Why is lack of insurance made to seem so life threatening by MSM ?

It was not so long ago there was no such thing as insurance, family or good neighbors helped those that needed it.

Socialized health care fails every time its tried, it merely becomes no health care at a very near future point.

Obama care was already at that failing point.

History repeats itself.

People pat themselves on the back because they "care" about the needy but they have no idea where the money is going to come from to pay for all of it....

Its actually an upside down ponzi scheme with the young that dont need health care paying for the old.
    Our national health service works very well. It's not cheap, but it works.

"Its actually an upside down ponzi scheme with the young that dont need health care paying for the old." Or is it the young paying for something that they will need when they are old and can't pay....
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..