Page 324 of 418 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374 ... LastLast
Results 3,231 to 3,240 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Which one was SN95?
    Black/Silver. #12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_M...th_generation)

pre-1999 based on the tails.

edit - Jack, your GT3 looks like it's almost lifting the front inside wheel in that.

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Black/Silver. #12.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_M...th_generation)

pre-1999 based on the tails.

edit - Jack, your GT3 looks like it's almost lifting the front inside wheel in that.
    Driven like that, they do! Something to do with physics or something...
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..

Insider

Go to 7:55

Here you can see it in action and how it lifts the front inside as it slides. What a car. Actually miss it like mad.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Wood View Post
    Which one was SN95?

That quali looked more like a race. Not trying to tech you to suck eggs, but shouldn't quali be about trying to find space to set the best lap so you can start further up the grid?

Some horrible driving from some of the other cars in that clip too. sheesh
    indeed, the open session was the wild west .... the sn95 is #12. sorry you probably don't know mustang chassis codes

for the first event of the season they do race starts for qualifying sessions, just to get everyone used to doing starts again. the start is probably the most dangerous part of a race, just because everyone is clumped together, and no one knows what is about to happen.

better to have safe starts your first few races, than really push for the extra tenths. so it practice for starts.

also, when its purely spec miata's, we like the race starts, because they keep us clumped up, for drafting. in qualifying with a spec miata you are always looking for drafting partner.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

How have I never seen that vid? Great watch, Jack. Thanks.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Porsches use a McPherson strut up front. This means that your camber gain curve isn't as good as in a double wishbone setup.

There's a lot of track experience (all the fast BMW AutoX guys) that says you want to tune your spring rates not too high up front and run a big swaybar. Sways resist body roll by transferring force using differential compression of the springs of the 2 wheels that are tied together.

So on the front wheels in a left hander, the right/outside wheel is going to be compressed significantly more due to load transfer. Normally, the spring on the inside wheel would push to a longer and longer travel and extend the wheel to meet the road (this happens when the wheels are equally uncompressed such as going over a hill.)

However, in a bend, the swaybar resists this action, and limits the suspension travel in both the unloaded and loaded wheel. The net effect this has is to keep the outside wheel with most of the load in a better position on the camber curve, and completely lift the inside wheel.

It's just about keeping the one tire that is doing the bulk of the work in the highest traction position possible.

Many FWD setup cars will lift a rear wheel.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Porsches use a McPherson strut up front. This means that your camber gain curve isn't as good as in a double wishbone setup.

There's a lot of track experience (all the fast BMW AutoX guys) that says you want to tune your spring rates not too high up front and run a big swaybar. Sways resist body roll by transferring force using differential compression of the springs of the 2 wheels that are tied together.

So on the front wheels in a left hander, the right/outside wheel is going to be compressed significantly more due to load transfer. Normally, the spring on the inside wheel would push to a longer and longer travel and extend the wheel to meet the road (this happens when the wheels are equally uncompressed such as going over a hill.)

However, in a bend, the swaybar resists this action, and limits the suspension travel in both the unloaded and loaded wheel. The net effect this has is to keep the outside wheel with most of the load in a better position on the camber curve, and completely lift the inside wheel.

It's just about keeping the one tire that is doing the bulk of the work in the highest traction position possible.

Many FWD setup cars will lift a rear wheel.
    my mr2 would pull up a front wheel, for exactly this reason until i revised the spring rates.

fundamentally, pulling up a front wheel isn't a good sign, it means your bars are overwhelming your springs. happens with softly sprung street cars, shouldn't happen on race car. too much bar is effecting your suspension independence.

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

there is some thermite: https://bringatrailer.com/listing/19...11-carrera-33/

cable throttle
    lightest 911 of the modern era
    narrow body
    LSD
    99 engine (big plus)
    LN IMS bearing

in a good color ...

ooof, thats a car. i don't want to get another Porsche, but man ... thats my kinda car.

That's good looking. I'd like my first Porsche to be an '04 40th Anniversary 911. That's a well spec'd car.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    That's good looking. I'd like my first Porsche to be an '04 40th Anniversary 911. That's a well spec'd car.
    My friend has one of those. Sounds incredible. The X51 powerkit on it creates the most amazing induction noise.