Page 277 of 418 FirstFirst ... 177227267275276277278279287327377 ... LastLast
Results 2,761 to 2,770 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Sorry, I was thinking more paintball guns. I guess it's not that OT.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

I think Summer is usually considered the slow selling season. Not sure, I try to stay away from that end of the business.

This seems cool.

According to preliminary results from NASA’s Twins study, Scott’s year in space also drastically increased his rate of DNA methylation, the process responsible for turning genes on and off. By regulating gene expression, methylation is believed to play a major role in the development in many diseases, ranging from cancer to cardiovascular disease.
    http://www.astronomy.com/news/2017/10/twins-study
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Finished building a PC today, powered it all up and realized I'd installed the CPU cooler upside down

No, leave it like that. Its totally new school custom! And by installing it upside, you receive a 13% faster cooling rate and you can pwn noobs on any gamez!

It's not a mistake, it's a safety feature.

mother of god i want this car; https://forums.mnautox.com/forum/mar...318is-for-sale

i spent my 20s always wanting some new, clean, hotness. fast, cool, etc etc

and so far, in my 30s i simply lost after base model, stripper model, manuals with an LSD, that are RWD that are under 1000 dollars. fuckin love em. what a car, what a fucking car.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Picked up Mario Odyssey...

Only played the tutorial level and am really enjoying. It seems able to get everyone interested; I could tell that my gf will enjoy it too and she's not very much a gamer.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    mother of god i want this car; https://forums.mnautox.com/forum/mar...318is-for-sale

i spent my 20s always wanting some new, clean, hotness. fast, cool, etc etc

and so far, in my 30s i simply lost after base model, stripper model, manuals with an LSD, that are RWD that are under 1000 dollars. fuckin love em. what a car, what a fucking car.
    318? Yes its an iS, but 220k miles is a lot on the 4 banger. Now, if you plan on doing an engine swap, its not bad, but a winter beater, as said by the owner means nothing but rust. There is no perfect car, but rust means the undercarriage is goinv to be filthy, shit will fail and break and it will be another hole which you dump money into. But it has all those things you want to look for.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    318? Yes its an iS, but 220k miles is a lot on the 4 banger. Now, if you plan on doing an engine swap, its not bad, but a winter beater, as said by the owner means nothing but rust. There is no perfect car, but rust means the undercarriage is goinv to be filthy, shit will fail and break and it will be another hole which you dump money into. But it has all those things you want to look for.
    nope, its pretty much the perfect car. love love love. junkers are the best.

met a phd student this week at ASPE who worked for penske, that was pretty cool. also we might be doing some work for Lawrence livermore after i saw a paper of theres documenting that it took them 23 days to cut a tool that we could cut in less than a day. couldn't tell them how we do it though took a couple of classes from the guys who designed and built the LODTM, which is my personal favorite machine, really cool metrologists. metrologists have to be the smartest freakin people on earth.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 11-03-2017 at 06:01 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.