Page 261 of 418 FirstFirst ... 161211251259260261262263271311361 ... LastLast
Results 2,601 to 2,610 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by ironyusa View Post
    What a dirty liberal thing to say.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Supports Inception Designs
    My reason for objecting to bump fire isn't legalistic. It's that it limits the fire control of the user and that's idiotic. I have shot bump fire guns and I'm not ignorant... I just think common sense SHOULD prevail a little bit here. I don't have much of an opinion on the SBR designation.
    The problem is an example of one of many scenarios where "common sense" does not align with the law. In this case, on what basis would the ATF ban bump/slide fire stocks? If they go the ROF route, then you're suddenly including tons of aftermarket triggers that have shorter resets and lightened pulls, or electronic trigger sets that use microswitches since they would all allow for higher ROFs than military grade triggers. Whatever method is used to ban/restrict them, it needs to be legally and technically sound otherwise, it will provoke lawsuits that can drain the funding available to the BATF for administration and enforcement.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    >common sense
    >guns

pick one.
    Dude, I know you have taken and do take a lot of flack for voicing your views but it's short little rhetorical quips like this that really don't help things.

Quote Originally Posted by UV Halo View Post
    Dude, I know you have taken and do take a lot of flack for voicing your views but it's short little rhetorical quips like this that really don't help things.
    eh, i've been told by hundreds of different second amendment will not questioned folks insane things from they think there ar15s are going to protect them from the government, to literally any inconvenience to buying a gun, is too high a price to pay to control gun violence.

again, not my words, the words of the crazies, of which there are millions, hell there are 4.5+ million NRA members alone.

we are not dealing with sane and rational people when we talk guns. if we were, we probably wouldn't have the gun violence problems that we do.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

we are not dealing with sane and rational people when we talk guns. if we were, we probably wouldn't have the gun violence problems that we do.
    Those who commit gun violence and those that are in legal possession are not necessarily the same. The later are sane and rational, as well as law abiding.

Well played meme BTW.

Those who commit gun violence and those that are in legal possession are not necessarily the same. The later are sane and rational, as well as law abiding.

Well played meme BTW.
    those who allow insanity to be legal, even if they are sane personally, are part of the problem.

At least we didn't hear about mental health this time around, since that would've looked real bad a couple weeks after (R)s tried to gut the tiny amount of required mental health coverage from the ACA.
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    At least we didn't hear about mental health this time around, since that would've looked real bad a couple weeks after (R)s tried to gut the menial required mental health coverage from the ACA.
    classic case in uncaring

>says gun violence problem is a mental health problem so dont touch gun laws
    >wants to gut mental health coverage and protection for those most likely to be mentally ill

fuckin idiots.

those who allow insanity to be legal, even if they are sane personally, are part of the problem.
    Lol, based on Gordon's code of relative ethics. What a rabbit hole.

Lol, based on Gordon's code of relative ethics. What a rabbit hole.
    insulting me isn't a counter point.

my uncle is a true gun nut, i love shooting with him, but he is crazy about guns. thinks everything should be legal for everyone, no waiting periods background checks etc.

im not scared of him. in fact, hes one of the safest gun owners i've ever seen.

but the policies he advocates for are truly insane, he is a problem. and if he had his way, we'd have even more problems than we do.

insulting me isn't a counter point.

my uncle is a true gun nut, i love shooting with him, but he is crazy about guns. thinks everything should be legal for everyone, no waiting periods background checks etc.

im not scared of him. in fact, hes one of the safest gun owners i've ever seen.

but the policies he advocates for are truly insane, he is a problem. and if he had his way, we'd have even more problems than we do.
    It wasn't an insult. You're too sensitive. You've insulted gun advocates and republicans so if you can dish it out, I'd have assumed you could take it.

Your statement I quoted is based on your relative interpretation of insanity. You can't "reach people" because your argument is based on a worldview others don't share and isn't supported by facts.