Page 321 of 418 FirstFirst ... 221271311319320321322323331371 ... LastLast
Results 3,201 to 3,210 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    Go = drive.

I have had my license suspended, but the DMV did not tell the police this. I had to go to a regional center show them a piece of paper, and they dropped all charges against it. Basically, it was a fuck up, but a clerical one on their part.

And suspended license is incredibly easy to get out of. You nust post-pone your court date till you are reinstated (least short term) and pay the restoration fee. The courts automatically downgrade the suspension ticket to driving without documents. You pay the fine & court costs and drive on out of there.
    This is seriously messed up. Sorry, but that just seems so wrong.

I don't see what the problem is. In America, just don't be poor. If you are poor, just don't let any accidents happen, including those out of your control. And then pull yourself up by your bootstraps. It's not hard but it's also much easier to be born to rich parents. I don't know why people don't do this more.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    This is seriously messed up. Sorry, but that just seems so wrong.
    So, are you saying that a loop-hole is wrong? Most businesses, tax laws and furtunes are founded on loop-holes. I haven't done the 2nd part in like 20 years. The 1st part was a shock that wasted almost an entire day straightening out (the drive up, the long assed wait in the regional center) only to get a liece of paper that said i literally did everything correct and it was a clerical error.

i read somewhere that its the same chemical released in your brain over being nervous or being excited.

and it makes sense ... im a bit of both.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvgpbsr-mCE
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

fuck yeah

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Congrats, way to go Gordon. I can't read the plaques very well - did you get two copies of the first place trophy or did you win first place for two different races?

If you start normalizing success like this, those folks in the midwest might decide that a Tonya Harding-esque knee cap might be in order.

i ran four races this weekend, 2 in each each class. these are the plaques from the spec miata open tire class, which only had 3 cars, and i won without too much of a fight. in the pure spec miata class i finished 4th and 5th each day, tougher battles, esp the 5th place finish on sunday. ill post the video soon, it was a wild ride. the 4th was actually a pretty simple race, i had more fun in the sunday race i finished 5th. it was a dogfight from the first corner.

Are the windshield banners divisional/class sponsors? Adesa on the other guy's car caught my eye - they're a daily encounter one way or another in my line of work.

typically not, at this level it would be a private sponsorship. strait design is the guy who makes me my stickers, thats why hes on my car.

also, race videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-JPtqT-nY_A

This is just cool: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x9sVMbzZxaw

I would love to have a beer or two with Andy Wallace.
    OlllllllO