Page 119 of 418 FirstFirst ... 1969109117118119120121129169219 ... LastLast
Results 1,181 to 1,190 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    I plan to build a helicopter from a kit one day.
    A buddy of mine did that. He did a security job on a tanker to fund it. I think he was building a Rotorway. If you get a chance to pop over to Wisconsin in late July sometime, EAA does AirVenture, and there's a solid rotary wing area, as well as homebuilt exhibits. Just let me know if you're coming, we'll do the Wisconsin hospitality thing.

Lotus left me with a very bad taste in my mouth after the Evora. As long as I can get all parts without having to go near a Lotus Dealer that's not a bad idea.
    That bad? I would have thought with that Toyota V6 in there, the things would have been just about bulletproof.

Birmingham, UK (originally a Seattle native)
    Lotus left me with a very bad taste in my mouth after the Evora. As long as I can get all parts without having to go near a Lotus Dealer that's not a bad idea.
    Well, if you ever want to buy anything from 1969 - 1975, let me know, I have all the factory original drawings.
    No trees were harmed in the creation of this message, but several thousand electrons were mildly inconvenienced.

I plan to build a helicopter from a kit one day.
    My dad's building a light sport aircraft in his garage right now, it's some variant of the Zenair STOL CH 750.

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, EAA at Oshkosh is a ton of fun.
    Last edited by PBSteve; 01-25-2016 at 03:25 PM.

Insider
    My former FL roommate still has his Elise...

Sort of.

The story I heard is that a vehicle loaded with power tools (and sawblades, drill bits, etc) was in a collision in an oncoming lane, and its payload was ejected shotgun style, into the front of the Elise... its been in the shop 2 years since the dumbass didn't take 35$k from his insurance to total it out.
    Draws houses, doesn't own markers that aren't single tube designs, unapologetic AGD zealot.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    My dad's building a light sport aircraft in his garage right now, it's some variant of the Zenair STOL CH 750.
    that's awesome
    ABET accredited level II machinist - CNC Programmer - Mechanical Engineering Technologist
    Rio Grande Inc.

Quote Originally Posted by Pump Scout View Post
    A buddy of mine did that. He did a security job on a tanker to fund it. I think he was building a Rotorway. If you get a chance to pop over to Wisconsin in late July sometime, EAA does AirVenture, and there's a solid rotary wing area, as well as homebuilt exhibits. Just let me know if you're coming, we'll do the Wisconsin hospitality thing.

That bad? I would have thought with that Toyota V6 in there, the things would have been just about bulletproof.
    The engine wasn't the issue, the doors locking you and your passenger in the car and not letting you out was... Couldn't over ride it or open the door from the outside either. Had my mother locked in at one point, and she is claustrophobic and had an anxiety attack because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by emisnug View Post
    Well, if you ever want to buy anything from 1969 - 1975, let me know, I have all the factory original drawings.
    Very cool.

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post

- - - Updated - - -

And yes, EAA at Oshkosh is a ton of fun.
    That sounds awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    My former FL roommate still has his Elise...

Sort of.

The story I heard is that a vehicle loaded with power tools (and sawblades, drill bits, etc) was in a collision in an oncoming lane, and its payload was ejected shotgun style, into the front of the Elise... its been in the shop 2 years since the dumbass didn't take 35$k from his insurance to total it out.
    Sounds painful too. My car lost 60% of it's value in less than two years. I probably should have pushed for them to buy it back completely, but I just wanted out of it at that point.

Quote Originally Posted by Dayspring View Post
    I use a trimmer (for use with the goatee) and shave that way - gives you just a little scruff.
    What I currently do. I have a trimmer that also has a vacuum built in, helps cleanup.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Safety razor, badger brush, shaving soap and bowl. Feather blades, $7 for 100 and you can use them twice.

Dollar shave club, pff. Maybe for the whole year.
    Where'd you get it? I've been looking to go to a DE or a straight edge w/ replaceable blades, but I can't find anything for a reasonable price.

Only reason I don't currently shave is that my fusion gives me brutal razor burn.

edit - my Hybrid team is finally wiring the car. Wait... that came out wrong.

They finally let me piece together the wiring harness. (as I want to do) But they decided on using a standard set of colors for things and it drives me insane. I mean, on one hand, it's handy for wiring, but it's gonna be a gigantic pain in the ass to trace out wires. So for the record, it's this: 12V non-switched is red, switched is yellow, 5V is blue, then signals are like orange, purple, white/black, green.

And then we ran out of blue and shielded stuff (for analog signals near engine) and now I'm forced to make do with multiconductor shielded. It's just.... ugh. At least it was free?

I JUST WANT IT TO BE MY FINAL SENDOFF AND BE DECENT.
    Last edited by new ion?; 01-26-2016 at 01:15 AM.

Vacuum built in? I'ma have to look for that one.

The engine wasn't the issue, the doors locking you and your passenger in the car and not letting you out was... Couldn't over ride it or open the door from the outside either. Had my mother locked in at one point, and she is claustrophobic and had an anxiety attack because of it.
    Whoa. That's a bad problem for sure. Safety hazard in a big way. Glad you got out of that thing, even though it was a beautiful ride.

Insider
    Amazon "safety razor" will do the trick nicely. Something like
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00SA7...giL&ref=plSrch

Car wiring is almost universally a nightmare. I've got a very hacked together megasquirt3 in my project car now, and I know Steve has spent a lot of time tracing issues recently.

I do think as long as you're diligent in documentation and consistent, you'll be ok, but it is definitely a daunting setup. I have 2 sets of colors in my car because I didn't rip out the oem engine harness,which I should have.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."