Page 223 of 418 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,230 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Insider
    Every single bushing and component mount in the car is poly and has less than 3000 miles. Both subframes dropped and reinforced, etc. Getting a new guibo just in case, but it's definitely not just compliance slop.

Upon inspection, it was the cv and not the shaft. Probably a poor component. We'll see if it can be remanufactured properly.

Quote Originally Posted by lurker27 View Post
    ...manufactured properly.
    lol
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Is it bad that I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad I can't seem to find anything I want on a Prime-day deal?

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Is it bad that I'm not sure whether to be happy or sad I can't seem to find anything I want on a Prime-day deal?
    I know the feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Every single bushing and component mount in the car is poly and has less than 3000 miles. Both subframes dropped and reinforced, etc. Getting a new guibo just in case, but it's definitely not just compliance slop.

Upon inspection, it was the cv and not the shaft. Probably a poor component. We'll see if it can be remanufactured properly.
    go solid.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

in the continuing saga of "why racecars are fucking terrible on the street" i drove the race car across town to get stickered up. and holy shit, pretty much the worst drive ever.

and its not the obvious things. my mr2 is a street car, on 750lbs/in springs, and its stiff. my mr2 has racing seats, which are not very comfortable for a long time. my mr2 is over 100db at 50 feet, its loud as shit. my mr2 has a lightweight flywheel and clutch, so its tricky to drive at low speeds. my mr2 has poly bushings everywhere, so you feel everything.

and it makes my mr2 a pretty poor street car. but a street car none the less.

the spec miata is 1000x worse.

and its the little things. there is no insulation, so the transmission tunnel gets up to about 160 degrees, and slowly cooks your entire right side. don't fucking touch it, cause that will hurt. it has small holes in it from where things were bolted to it, which turn into tiny little vents of hot as fuck air. there is NO sound insulation. so at low speeds its like driving on a gravel road even on the cleanest roads, and if you think about touching the gas petal, get fucked. you might as well be sitting inside the muffler, which means you better freakin have ear plugs in, or your ears will be bleeding. there is no HVAC system, not even fan, so you are sitting in this super heated, loud as fuck box, and you might think the windows being down will help, but not really, because the hardtop is designed and used to reduce drag, and thus turbulence, and thus airflow into the car. so get fucked. solid mounts are just awful, gear whine, all those lovely clunks a good clutch pack diff makes, just the most enjoyable experience lol.

so yeah, my argument remains, forcing folks to either buy race cars for the street, or racing street cars, is a fucking dumb plan.

on the plus side, she looks pretty good:

social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Photobucket no longer allows third party hosting unless you pay... pretty much kills any use they had and means I will never use Photobucket again. Gordon, it also means we can't see your photo's.

well they are dead to me now .... damn

https://www.flickr.com/photos/789990...h/35849217145/

also you can follow me here: https://www.facebook.com/KuhnleySpecMiata/
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 07-11-2017 at 11:44 AM.

I can't believe that what photobucket has done will do anything other than hasten their death.

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon