Page 376 of 418 FirstFirst ... 276326366374375376377378386 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,760 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    you mean the wrangler they forgot to weld the anti-roll bar brackets to the frame on?

#justchryslerthings

also not to put fine a point on it, but im pretty sure my miata has done more off roading than the vast majority of jeeps
    Well, it's good that I'm a good weldor (the correct spelling of one who welds) and actually have real, legitimate offroad experience of my own, as well as teaching others.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    I really think a Jeep Wrangler or Gladiator is going to be my next vehicle... change my mind?
    Easy. I see the cost-to-the-dealership for extended warranties. Anything from FCA is always - ALWAYS - significantly more expensive than anything else you can get that isn't a highline brand or an exotic. It's not so much the mechanical stuff, which they've gotten better with. It electrical. Forever frickin' breaking down. And accordingly expensive.

Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    FCA is a pile of junk and no one should ever buy anything they make. Jeeps have not been good in 25 years.

done and done.
    Can't argue with this one. Absolute rubbish these days, unfortunately.

Again, I can only speak from my direct experience working for and owning FCA vehicles - I've never had a single electronic issue that wasn't directly caused by my own doing.

For example, before I ditched the factory fuel tank in favor of a cell behind the seats in my TJ crawler, I came down on a rock so hard that it pushed the fuel pump out the top of the tank. I killed the pump and inverted the pump dimple in my gas tank skid plate. A pressed dimple in a 1/4" steel plate (not factory skid). At that time, I was the first and only person to have ever done that to one of these skids, so it was a hard impact.

I've been involved in supplier quality audits for wire harnesses. They don't use junk electronics, I can tell you that. The controls on the assembly line are impressive....they don't build junk. The Toledo plant is without a doubt the best FCA plant I've been to in terms of culture, employee knowledge, employee GAS (give a shit), and overall documentation organization. Out of the FCA vehicles, I've got the most confidence in Jeeps (Wranglers) and Rams. The Pacifica line is also very impressive (located in Windsor, Canada) but I have no interest in minivans.

The wife's 14 JKU has been flawless. My 12 JK was flawless. My 04 TJ was flawless before it became a street legal buggy, and even after that there were no issues that weren't caused by me. There are a lot of later model Jeeps in my circle of friends and family - no issues that I'm aware of, which I would be. I'm friends with the Kahlo family (Kahlo Jeep in Indy) and have had conversations with them about warranty and repair frequency. The JK's were low hitters and so far the JL's have been, as well. FCA has plenty of haters, deservedly so, but not all of their products are junk. If you really want to form an opinion, go spend some time analyzing a new Jeep inside and out, drive one, etc. They're pretty damn solid.
    Last edited by imped4now; 03-22-2019 at 02:22 PM.
    OlllllllO

Just had to perform the Heimlich Maneuver on someone.

It's a weird feeling.

You were successful? If so, the feeling I have is relief. Glad you were there.

Yes, everyone is fine.

However, I just keep running the scenario through my head: should I have started with other things first? I did kind of jump straight to it....

Then again, I was also the only person doing anything to help so I guess it's fine?

If the person in question wasn't choking on anything when you started to perform the Heimlich maneuver, I'd say you probably should've started with something else.

Otherwise, since everyone came out fine, I think you did the right thing. If I had to guess, I'd think that inaction of bystanders is usually worse than the wrong action by bystanders.

This is kinda one of those things that it's so out of norm, so out of kilter in an everyday life, that it has you gobsmacked. Its ok. It ended well. You saved a life, that person is alive and no one served you papers for simple assault.

Fun story: Henry Heimlich went off the reservation in the 80's.

https://knowledgenuts.com/2014/09/22...enry-heimlich/
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Insider
    Pricing on the Gladiator came out, as cool as a convertible truck is, I think it?s priced to shore up FCAs bottom line, not what it?s worth... guess we?ll see, but the Rubicon starting at 45k gets really expensive with just a few option boxes ticked.