Page 247 of 418 FirstFirst ... 147197237245246247248249257297347 ... LastLast
Results 2,461 to 2,470 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

and what is happening in that picture? i have a little corner entry drift going on because i probably trail braked it a little too late. generally speaking though, a little but more slip angle is a good thing under slippery conditions.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    Enjoyed the insight, as usual. I knew some of it, but didn't think of it in terms of how it interacts with natural frequency. It makes total sense that the input response times needed (the rhythm) have a lot to do with tractive limit. It's possible that driving enjoyment involves a Bode plot.
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    Enjoyed the insight, as usual. I knew some of it, but didn't think of it in terms of how it interacts with natural frequency. It makes total sense that the input response times needed (the rhythm) have a lot to do with tractive limit. It's possible that driving enjoyment involves a Bode plot.
    its pretty tough to pull off, it requires timing and understand the rhythm at which three things are happening simultaneously ... how fast the car unloads from braking, how fast you are unloading the brake petal, and how fast you are adding steering. so its hands, feet, and and car, all working in rhythm.

obviously with a slower responding car, the window to hit to pull it off is longer, and thus its easier. the stiffer and faster the car responds to inputs, the tighter than window is to hit.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Blade Runner 2049 is really good. It's one of the very few movies I've actually seen more than once in the theaters.
    I don't know, fly casual

ive been hearing that. as a huge fan of the original (no not that one, the actual original before riddly scott tried to ruin it, and then before he actually did ruin it), more than a little concerned about it. deckart isn't a replicant. riddly your fucking wrong and you need to give it up. if you make deckart a replicant the entire movie loses all meaning.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 10-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Spoilers(?) I don't know if this counts as a spoiler, but you don't have to worry. The movie fits perfectly fine with the original theatrical release.
    I don't know, fly casual

If I remember right isn't that kind of a big point of contention between Ridley and Harrison? Scoot says he is, Ford says he isn't.

I don't get why Scott is so adamant about that anyway, it just messes up all the themes of the original.
    I don't know, fly casual

I'm going to replicate the amount of times I see it in theatres, I know that.
    OlllllllO

Insider
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    to argue the nova was "one of the best shooting guns of it day" is pretty insane.

and the mayhem was junk too.

and the A80 was pretty much junk too.

interesting designs yes ... but good paintball guns for actual use on an actual paintball field? yeah no ...

mike is a classic case in: brilliance, that needs finishing off. some of his ideas were quite good, and some really interesting stuff, but overall you need a simon or jack to actually finish off the idea, and make it into an actual, workable, shooting, practical gun.
    Not quite sure how I missed this massive thread extension on valve shit. I haven't looked in here for a week or so and must have let it slip by.

Funny you should mention the above. Richmond actually gave us (PE) the original Matrix and asked us to make it "good". I ripped it to pieces, redesigned it all from the ground up to make it into something approaching what a modern (for the time) paintball gun should be and took it back to him. He said I had changed too much and that technically he didn't see it as a Matrix any more and basically said thanks, but no thanks. Then he sold it to Dye.
    Dear boy, I work at Planet Eclipse, don't you know..