Page 387 of 387 FirstFirst ... 287337377385386387
Results 3,861 to 3,870 of 3870

Thread: The OT thread V1

  1. #3861
    Insider AndrewTheWookie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Central Coast, CA
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    And then millennials will be in charge and the new kids will think the same of millennials as you think of boomers now. I don't see what the difference is.
    You can't see any difference at all?
    I don't know, fly casual

  2. #3862
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    And then millennials will be in charge and the new kids will think the same of millennials as you think of boomers now. I don't see what the difference is.
    you mean besides the world being objectively better than it was before?
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  3. #3863
    Insider PBSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by tyronejk View Post
    And then millennials will be in charge and the new kids will think the same of millennials as you think of boomers now. I don't see what the difference is.
    I kind of hope the next generation is in to fixing bridges, Lord knows a Boomer will die before they pay to keep up the work of their parents' generation.
    "Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant." -Elie Wiesel
    I work for the company building the Paragon...once we figure out a name

  4. #3864
    Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    I kind of hope the next generation is in to fixing bridges, Lord knows a Boomer will die before they pay to keep up the work of their parents' generation.
    and destroy it extra hard for there children too.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  5. #3865
    Quote Originally Posted by cockerpunk View Post
    gotta love that the GTE-AM winning and best finishing GTE-Pro Ford GTs are DQed for technical violations at le mans.

    fucking good riddance to a cheating car, a cheating team, and an insult to sports car racing fans.

    should have banned them from the start in 2016, with there stupid sandbagging stunt. left like they came in ... cheating.
    You do realize that "cheating" has always been involved in motorsports? The Chaparral Can-Am cars were cheaters, especially the 2J sucker car. Variable wing(could be locked in 2 positions, so they can reduce drag for fast straights), the vaccuum assist and the semi-automatic gearbox. The supposed traction control in Nascar. Even the first ground effect cars. Ever hear of the saying, "if you can't beat them, ban them"?

    Car teams spend days on the upcoming seasonal rules to find every loophole, every omission and grey area. That is how rules are changed, sometimes for the better, and how technology progresses. Get off your high horse and head out of your ass. You can not be that naive.

  6. #3866
    Insider
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    298
    as much of a mess as the boomers have left, the participation trophy millennial culture combined with its being utterly devoid of the ability to critically think or recognize intellectual honesty is nearly enough for me to go build a shack off grid in the mountains somewhere...

  7. #3867
    Insider PBSteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    2,903
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    as much of a mess as the boomers have left, the participation trophy millennial culture combined with its being utterly devoid of the ability to critically think or recognize intellectual honesty is nearly enough for me to go build a shack off grid in the mountains somewhere...
    I know, given who we had for parents it's amazing we're not more screwed up than we are.
    "Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere. When human lives are endangered, when human dignity is in jeopardy, national borders and sensitivities become irrelevant." -Elie Wiesel
    I work for the company building the Paragon...once we figure out a name

  8. #3868
    Insider new ion?'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    1,278
    Supports Inception Designs
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    as much of a mess as the boomers have left, the participation trophy millennial culture combined with its being utterly devoid of the ability to critically think or recognize intellectual honesty is nearly enough for me to go build a shack off grid in the mountains somewhere...
    Who's idea do you think participation medals were? Us millenials, who were in elementary school and had no power to change that?

    I tried staying out of this convo, but this point bothers me incessantly.

    I think Steve's on point though - we're a product of our upbringing and frankly, we've been screwed.

  9. #3869
    Quote Originally Posted by Fred View Post
    as much of a mess as the boomers have left, the participation trophy millennial culture combined with its being utterly devoid of the ability to critically think or recognize intellectual honesty is nearly enough for me to go build a shack off grid in the mountains somewhere...
    who created participation trophies?

    not millennials. we were 6 years old.

    i dont need a 14th place pine wood derby trophy, i never did. parents (BOOMERS) needed them. even as kids we knew these were a joke to appease our parents. but no, mommy and daddy helicopter parent needs little johnny to be rewarded so they can talk with other boring parents about there kids because thats evidently all boomers can talk about with each other. boomers created participation trophy culture, not us.

    we just want to go to the doctor and not have to declare bankruptcy. THE HUMANITY.


    this of course also assumes boomers, the folks who failed economics so hard they don't understand the problems they have created by ruining the economy (twice), and how they have done nothing to fix it, have some semblance of critical thinking skills. hint: the generation born on third thinking they hit a triple is the generation without the understanding of the system that put them on third, and how to get to third. they clearly got to third themselves, not the greatest generation giving them a booming economy, nearly free college education, and an undestroyed earth.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nobody View Post
    You do realize that "cheating" has always been involved in motorsports? The Chaparral Can-Am cars were cheaters, especially the 2J sucker car. Variable wing(could be locked in 2 positions, so they can reduce drag for fast straights), the vaccuum assist and the semi-automatic gearbox. The supposed traction control in Nascar. Even the first ground effect cars. Ever hear of the saying, "if you can't beat them, ban them"?

    Car teams spend days on the upcoming seasonal rules to find every loophole, every omission and grey area. That is how rules are changed, sometimes for the better, and how technology progresses. Get off your high horse and head out of your ass. You can not be that naive.
    i have forgotten more about motorsports cheating than you know.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; Yesterday at 11:39 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

  10. #3870
    Hmmm, nothing about saying i am wrong.

    You have more practical driving experience, but been watching it before you were born. All forms all sorts. I just don't come off as trying to know it all.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •