Page 386 of 418 FirstFirst ... 286336376384385386387388396 ... LastLast
Results 3,851 to 3,860 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    let's talk about scale here guys
    its about specs.

you can say its a 96 liter limit.

or you can say its a 95.75 liters +/- .25 liters

means the exact same thing. its a 96 liter limit. the rule has the tolerance built in.

so saying oh man, its only .4 liters too much that has no effect. totally true, likely didn't have any effect on the race (unlike the refueling time, which could vastly effect the outcome of the race). but its a 96 liter limit, not a 96 liter +/- .5 liters, or a 96.5 liter limit. its 96. you go over, your penalized.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Insider
    my returns on trying to troll Gordon are so disappointing
    "So you've done this before?"
    "Oh, hell no. But I think it's gonna work."

So apparently the Machine Vapor is still a thing.

https://machinepaintball.com/machine-vapor-2019-marker/
    I don't know, fly casual

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewTheWookie View Post
    So apparently the Machine Vapor is still a thing.

https://machinepaintball.com/machine-vapor-2019-marker/
    Wow,

Says min order 1 max order 2. Maybe they just have 2 left over from 2012.......

I dont think that pile of shit actually changed between the generations did it?

I just looked at their Facebook page, and their cover photo does seem to show a new bolt.

I don't know, fly casual

ironically paintball feels OT for this site, but its actually not ....

my thoughts: spurlock gonna spurlock.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Florypb505 View Post
    Wow,

Says min order 1 max order 2. Maybe they just have 2 left over from 2012.......

I dont think that pile of shit actually changed between the generations did it?
    The company is under new ownership. From what I understand, they're brothers from Miami who really aren't involved in paintball but saw an opportunity. Spurlock lead the design work. The bolt system is new, as are some of the other components like the reg internals and eye pipe material. From a purely objective point of view, it appears they've fixed the problems....the reg is no longer super input-sensitive and the bolt speed looks to be well-controlled, as they've posted some videos of it shooting very fragile paint with no issues. Time will tell how the designs hold up and if the shop can hold tolerance. It's obvious they wanted to save costs by reusing the 2014 grips, maybe the trigger, and ASA. Considering they're molded with the "M" and "Vapor" logos, that's probably why they didn't bother to change the company name.

I spoke to the owners, Spurlock and another guy involved with the operation on FB a few times and told them that they need to have some strong, technical release material, as well as the change points from the old markers. I also told them that their pricing plan was crazy and that they'd be very fortunate to sell 50 guns. They just don't have the reputation to charge what is one of the highest prices of production markers. I'm all about checking out new products, even if they're sketchy and uncertain....but I wouldn't buy this thing for $1000, let alone 50% more than that.

I'm curious to see the bolt system disassembled. Judging by the description, Spurlock likes John's M3 valve.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Judging by the description, Spurlock likes someone else's work.
    This is my surprised face.
    I don't know, fly casual

my friday:

Not Cool: because we let the boomers pick the place, they picked golden corral. they actually think its good. god i am so fucking done with #boomerlogic. legitimately, we are there, and they are talking about how good the food is. i silently wonder if they have had food before.

Mildly Funny: my married with kids millennial coworker wore a pride shirt today (pride weekend here). i compliment his shirt, the silence is deafening.

Even funnier: when discussing weekend plans i casually mention im going to pride and its gonna be great. boomers look soo uncomfortable and several say some pretty stupid things ie "can i be proud to?"

the sooner boomers are no longer in control of this world, the better off we all will be.

And then millennials will be in charge and the new kids will think the same of millennials as you think of boomers now. I don't see what the difference is.