Page 295 of 418 FirstFirst ... 195245285293294295296297305345395 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,950 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Josh McDaniels is the next head coach of the Indianapolis Col......

Oh wait, just kidding.

I'm so pissed.
    OlllllllO

Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

It's funny, NFL here in NZ is much like paintball. It's a tiny minority sport most people have heard of but that nobody understands - despite rugby being equally complex.

I have a fascination with minority sports and rules design in general so I made an effort to learn the basics a year or two ago, along with the CFL (which is actually pretty awesome, maybe better rules), and it's paid off in that I can actually understand what the heck is happening. Did the same with Aussie Rules Football and Gaelic Football which was cool but I find the games too scrappy. Soccer ... is basically a pokie machine turned into a sport.

Anyway, cars in space are cool.
    https://www.instagram.com/vijil/
    I draw guns and spaceships and bunnies

Dealer that sold me the Fiesta contacted me the other day saying there was some miscommunication and that I still owe part of the down payment.

Color me unimpressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon View Post
    Uh no. I'd say that is on them isn't it?
    Need to go over the bill of sale and other documentation. I'm not sure if the laws are different in Canada than the US.

If it comes to it, I can definitely complain to Ford, leave negative reviews, etc. I think what I'm most upset about is how long it took for them to tell me. I've had the car for 3 weeks, why did they wait till after I filled out the "dealer feedback" survey to tell me?

I kind of liked the sales woman. Now, not so much.

The documentation is way too complex though. Like, the bill of sale says some numbers, the contract shows others... I remember having to ask where certain numbers came from that weren't obvious and the sales woman had to go to a manager or something and sit with him for 5 minutes or so to figure it all out. If they have issues with the documents, there's obviously something wrong.

Ouch. That is no good. I understand dealerships need to make money and all that, but for them to miss a chunk of their money, then give you the shaft over it.

Quote Originally Posted by new ion? View Post
    Need to go over the bill of sale and other documentation. I'm not sure if the laws are different in Canada than the US.
    Laws differ from state to state here. I'm 100% sure they're different in Canada. We've had it happen too, where someone in the chain of events misses collecting a down payment. If it's owed, it's owed, it's part of the contract.

If it comes to it, I can definitely complain to Ford, leave negative reviews, etc. I think what I'm most upset about is how long it took for them to tell me. I've had the car for 3 weeks, why did they wait till after I filled out the "dealer feedback" survey to tell me?

I kind of liked the sales woman. Now, not so much.
    Those surveys are the bane of existence for car salespeople. She probably told you the importance of the survey, right? Anything less than perfect and she fails, if there's anything you can't mark as perfect, PLEASE call her before you send it in? That kind of thing? That's not just smoke and bluster. People lose their careers over a bad survey. A lot of times, a bad survey isn't even the salesperson's fault, but it 100% impacts the salesperson and nobody else. Many dealerships tie parts of the pay plan to surveys. Tank a survey, that salesperson could lose thousands of dollars over the course of a couple months, or indeed, they could be told to pack their stuff and find somewhere else to work. I've had bad surveys that had nothing to do with me, and was impacted for months over it. If there's money to be collected, that's really supposed to happen in the business office. You wouldn't want to hurt the salesperson because of (potentially) someone else's mistake, would you?

The documentation is way too complex though. Like, the bill of sale says some numbers, the contract shows others... I remember having to ask where certain numbers came from that weren't obvious and the sales woman had to go to a manager or something and sit with him for 5 minutes or so to figure it all out. If they have issues with the documents, there's obviously something wrong.
    There's the purchase contract and the bank contract - there's a spot on there where a couple of the numbers MUST match up. If you'd like, I'd be happy to take a look at what you've got. No guarantee I can be super helpful since I've never seen a Canadian contract, but maybe I could be a second set of eyes.

Thanks for the offer, I appreciate it. She did basically use all of those words... She was good and likeable.

After leaving it for a while (enough to let my emotions calm down) I looked back on the contract. She appears to be correct in that I still owe some of the down payment.

There was a rebate going on that caused the confusion.... I still say the paperwork is confusing... Though much less so now that I'm looking back on it all.

Lesson learned, slow the whole thing down a bit while buying. Go over every line more thoroughly than I did the first time.

Another couple bad things about the car: 4x108 bolt pattern. Wtf? Also, since nobody's gonna have that rim I figured I could get winter tires for it, right? Someone would have something in stock, right?

LOL NO. it's a 205/40/17. Super rare.

There might be one location like 45 mins away that has something... Calling them now. Of course it also means driving in the snow on the highway. Potentially quite sketchy.

Those tires aren't super rare, just super expensive.

I always find it funny that you remove material, you make it smaller and the price goes up. You are getting less, yet paying more. Lol, irony of manufacturing