Page 365 of 418 FirstFirst ... 265315355363364365366367375415 ... LastLast
Results 3,641 to 3,650 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

Ugh, wish I had somewhere to put a second car. My ST is the worst lol, soo many issues. Would love to swap it for a beater old truck like the one my dad has plus something a bit more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Lurker27 View Post
    @ Imped

Sunday morning. 62 degrees, sun is shining. Warm Asphalt. No one else on the road. Twisty Backroad - good condition, some cracked pavement here and there.

What are you driving?
    Tough, but right now it would have to be the BRZ for one major reason - seating position.

The RS is the faster car in all circumstances, although the BRZ is very competent in the corners. But the BRZ fits like a glove and weighs 2800 lb, where as the RS is a bit larger and heavier. They both tick some major boxes but the BRZ is the more fun car for me right now.

I did just this two weeks ago in Brown County, IN....some of the best driving roads in the midwest. I took the BRZ, along with an SS 1LE, Fiesta ST, C5 Vette and a Giulia Quadrofoglio. The RS would've probably been the fastest car on those particular roads, but the BRZ kept up with the big boys just fine.
    OlllllllO

Quote Originally Posted by imped4now View Post
    Tough, but right now it would have to be the BRZ for one major reason - seating position.

The RS is the faster car in all circumstances, although the BRZ is very competent in the corners. But the BRZ fits like a glove and weighs 2800 lb, where as the RS is a bit larger and heavier. They both tick some major boxes but the BRZ is the more fun car for me right now.

I did just this two weeks ago in Brown County, IN....some of the best driving roads in the midwest. I took the BRZ, along with an SS 1LE, Fiesta ST, C5 Vette and a Giulia Quadrofoglio. The RS would've probably been the fastest car on those particular roads, but the BRZ kept up with the big boys just fine.
    thats because on the street, its you courage to not die that mostly slows the cars down. the car isnt slowing anyone down, thats why a dinky miata on all seasons is what want. no one except some truly crazy folks drive to the limits on the streets. i respect the hell out of the talent and bravery to do it, but i dont have those kind of balls.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4W8PaXv5fm0&

i love that true tougers exist, but wowsa.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-06-2018 at 01:10 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

FWIW, the Taurus is about to be dead, along with the really competent but unloved Flex. They're available as 2019's for order, but they're not on the order sheets for the 2020 model year. And nobody's been able to even order a Focus of any sort since spring. What's out there is it.

I really think that a lowered Flex could look SO cool. Not too low, but just a couple inches.

Gordon, have you tried the BRZ? My brother was a lifelong Miata fan until last Christmas when he switched over to the BRZ. Imped's description of it fitting like a glove was my experience. A little bit spare in the interior, but fun ride.

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    Gordon, have you tried the BRZ? My brother was a lifelong Miata fan until last Christmas when he switched over to the BRZ. Imped's description of it fitting like a glove was my experience. A little bit spare in the interior, but fun ride.
    my dad has one, i've autocrossed it (and several others), and i daily drove my dads for a week.

i liked it a lot. its as close to a coupe miata as we have around here and thats a wonderful thing. they are a bit heavier, but the space is super useful. the engine is what makes me nervous, just never seen a subaru motor that was really good. there is a new autocross class specifically for them, spec class, and thats promising. id personally always take the miata, but the twins are both great cars, no mistake. i like them, i like how they handle.

i have a hard time with buying them for the motor, and the fact that the C5 corvette exists for the same money, or less. the c5 is really the performance bargain of the century right now. its bananas how much car that is for the money you can find them for. 350hp, double wishbones all round, usable space, for 10 grand ... like woah.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 12-06-2018 at 10:40 AM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

Yeah, the C5 is an awesome performance bargain. I've just never cared for the styling, which does cause people to give me strange looks. I have to dig a car's aesthetics for me to purchase it and the C5 has never done it for me.
    OlllllllO

It was a huge improvement of the looks of the C4, but if I'm going to get a Corvette I want the body style from the mid- to late-70's when it had the chrome on front.

Corvette-C3(3).jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Unfated33 View Post
    It was a huge improvement of the looks of the C4, but if I'm going to get a Corvette I want the body style from the mid- to late-70's when it had the chrome on front.

Corvette-C3(3).jpg
    get out