Page 196 of 418 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 4172

Thread: The OT thread V1

so then this shows up in my local CL searches .... https://minneapolis.craigslist.org/h...001908679.html

jesus. if it was manual i'd own it, no questions asked.

[[ THE MILES DOE ]]

im kinda tempted even though its an auto. 590k miles .... that thing is a true machine.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

That's just straight KBB value for it, doesn't seem like that great a deal
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

Quote Originally Posted by PBSteve View Post
    That's just straight KBB value for it, doesn't seem like that great a deal
    its not a great value.

but she is a one of kind. i have a special place in my heart for unique, otherwise unloved cars. poverty spec cars with no opitions, always a favorite, and this one just becasue of the miles. i mean i know the mezger is one of the best engines ever made, but we are talking that car having driven farther than apollo 11 traveled, while making 500+ whp. turbocharged. seriously an impressive beast.

if it was manual id already own it.

i need a barn where i can just hoard mid-90s saturns, ranger and mazda pick up trucks, base v-6 manual CTSs, every NA 1.6L miata i can find, ford and AMC straight 6s ... and just protect them from those who don't understand just how amazing it is that these cars existed at all, and would crush them as soon as own them. if had the space id own SO many saturns. and SO many AMC 4.0Ls.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-13-2017 at 11:35 PM.
    social conservatism: the mortal fear that someone, somewhere, might be having fun.

The owner drove it everywhere and went on very, very long road trips. The car seemed to do well and the engine and the transmission held up.

It needed a water pump, windshield, right-front wishbone, left-front ball joint, cooling fans, three batteries, ABS vacuum hose, right-front ball joint, axle CV joint, oxygen sensor, belt tension pulley, idler pulley.

124 tires. 15 sets of front summer tires, 22 sets of rear summer tires, 11 sets of front winter tires, and 14 sets of rear winter tires.

The owner bought a new 991 Turbo S and looks to put as many miles on his new Turbo.
    Then the third fuel pump failed in Fairfield, Connecticut. When Chuck called the local dealer and mentioned he needed a loaner, the supervisor ask for the car’s year and mileage. A 2002 Turbo said Grosser, with 522,000 miles. When the Grossers got to the dealership, the techs behind the counter gave them a hero’s welcome. “We knew it was you!” they said. “What do your mean?” asked Chuck. “We’ve been following you for three or four years!”
    its isnt just a car at that point. its a life. its a story like you or i's life story. probably longer, and more interesting than anyone's story.
    Last edited by cockerpunk; 02-14-2017 at 12:17 AM.

god i love watching this guy drive: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgAfqDuZDG4

uploaded some more found footage of the MN excotics track day.

i enjoy it because i do some pretty fine driving at the start. but then once i get up on the blue viper, the red mist descends, and i start overdriving like an asshat, and of course, fall back off the viper's pace.

all th emore reason i need to go wheel to wheel racing, to train myself to avoid the excitement of and then overdriving tendency.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VTKSP5_3Ac0

Soooo... BOTW is fantastic.

I'm old, you can't just come in here dropping initialisms and expect we're going to follow :-P
    Ever so many citizens of this republic think they ought to believe that the Universe is a monarchy, and therefore they are always at odds with the republic. -Alan Watts

I work for the company building the Paragon

BOTW = The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

Picked it and a switch up and holy heck.

welp, spec miata 2018 is happening. just registered for the may road racing competition school to get my license.